Upsells on the Pearl

lvcruises

We were on the Pride of Hawaii last year. We booked an AF but got offered an upsell to an AA - Owners Suite. This was our first time to ever sail with NCL. We booked an AF on the Pearl in March 2009, I picked what I would be happy with as far as a room goes, but was wondering what the Upsells on the Pearl have been like. Do they seem to offer quite a few on this ship or our the higher categories normally booked? Just curious, if we were to be lucky enough to get the call again I would jump on it. The Owners suite was awsome!:D

I'm sure you'll hear all kinds of responses. With the economy down throughout much of the world, I suspect that there will be more upsells. However, there is no "normally" as to upsells because they vary to much based on time of year, etc. Summer cruises are usually jam-packed, so there are often very few upsells. Off-season, you're far more likely to have a shot at one. You're going during spring break, so I think it's likely that the ship will be fairly full well before the cruise date. OTOH, there is the whole issue of bookings and fares being down, so you never know.

beachchick

I'm sure you'll hear all kinds of responses. With the economy down throughout much of the world, I suspect that there will be more upsells. However, there is no "normally" as to upsells because they vary to much based on time of year, etc. Summer cruises are usually jam-packed, so there are often very few upsells. Off-season, you're far more likely to have a shot at one. You're going during spring break, so I think it's likely that the ship will be fairly full well before the cruise date. OTOH, there is the whole issue of bookings and fares being down, so you never know.

beachchick

I didn't even realize that was so close to Easter. Easter is on 3/23 our cruise is 3/29. Maybe they will all be back in school by then! As far as the economy goes... if it keeps up this way, we may have to cancel this trip. I've already cancelled the cruise we had setup on the Celebrity Solstice, opted to do this one instead to save money. Last year we didn't get called until 2 weeks prior so I will just have to wait and see what happens. Thanks

I didn't even realize that was so close to Easter. Easter is on 3/23 our cruise is 3/29. Maybe they will all be back in school by then! As far as the economy goes... if it keeps up this way, we may have to cancel this trip. I've already cancelled the cruise we had setup on the Celebrity Solstice, opted to do this one instead to save money. Last year we didn't get called until 2 weeks prior so I will just have to wait and see what happens. Thanks

It may be Spring Break time but Good Friday is 10th April 2009.

Regardless of the time of year, never, ever bank on the Upsell Fairy calling. Just be happy with what you have.

I could go into detail, but we were the only ones on our cruise who paid full price for our cabin. All others (only three others in our class) were upsells.

We are on the Nov. 23 Pearl. we booked less than 3 weeks ago when it went on sale. Prices have dropped more and the mini suite is now $300 total less for the three of us than we paid for our balcony, we called, no refund or onboard credit but we were upgraded to a minisuite.

As I said to my hubby, I was happy with the price for a balcony, now I am THRILLED!

Archived