cruisetour worth extra money

rmock3

I am trying to decide between the 7 and 4 night land portions. The itinerary makes it sound like you have alot of downtime on the 7. The money difference is only @ $1000 so I can live with that just not sure if we can see the same in the 4 night. Any thoughts from those who have done these would be greatly appreciated.

I can't speak from experience, however... We were originally booked on the 4 day land tour, and have since decided to take 6 days and do it ourselves. WAY too much to see, and I felt like we would be held back on the cruisetour with the ship. It appeared that the 4 days would mostly be spent traveling without time to really experience much in each place.

We were on a 13 day cruisetour and didn't feel that we had enough time to do all that we would have liked to have done. What feels like down time is really the opportunity to take side excursions. There are many options. Take a look at the cruise website that you're considering and see what they post for excursions. This will help you to decide if you have interest in staying the extra nights. As mentioned in other places on this board, if we were to do our trip over, we'd likely rent a car and do the land portion on our own. The land tour did give us comfort and convenience while in a territory that we weren't familiar with, but we kept wishing we had the flexibility to travel outside the parameters of our tour.

I am trying to decide between the 7 and 4 night land portions. The itinerary makes it sound like you have alot of downtime on the 7. The money difference is only @ $1000 so I can live with that just not sure if we can see the same in the 4 night. Any thoughts from those who have done these would be greatly appreciated.

If you can afford the time then spend the extra money, you won't be sorry.

Archived