Questions about the Sun

ohioNCLcruiser

Greetings everyone,

One week till my Sun cruise so I have a few questions.

Spa:

I heard they have some area that people can go relax in for free, does anyone know if this is true?

Pacific Heights-does anyone have some example of items on the menu in this healthy restaurant? Cost?

Las Ramblas-is this still free or up to $10?

Thanks everyone!

James

James- Pacific Heights was free last time i sailed the Sun from hawaii to Ensenada repo last year-- I had the meat loaf-- really good-- the menu hadalot of healthier like items-- I know th clam chwoder soup was really good. I remember it was very quiet and relaxing in this restaurant.

Last time Las Ramblas was free-- I like to hang out there-- had great tappas , sangria( was not free) and guitar music (made me fell like I was back in Spain)

See you soon

Big Green

Bud

James, Big Green is right. We just got off the Sun and there was no charge for Pacific Heights. The menu did feature meatloaf, pork chops, and several other entrees. There is no charge but you need to make a reservation because it is a small restaurant. It is also open at lunch time for pizza and pasta.

There is no charge for Las Ramblas either. At lunch time they served soup and sandwiches. Both are nice alternatives to the buffet or a dining room.

Don't forget to try the sports bar for food. They serve burgers, hot dogs, fish & chips, paninis, hot wings, and a good cheesecake.

Enjoy your time on the Sun. It is a good ship with a happy crew ready to help you in any way they can.

Pacific Heights is still no-charge.

It is healthier alternatives to meat loaf, pork chops, etc.

I think some of the desserts may push the envelope. They offer them ala mode.

Las Ramblas was still no charge but is not a full meal. Tappas items change daily. They serve soup and sandwiches at lunch time. The muffalata (pardon my spelling if this is incorrect) is one of my favorites.

Greetings everyone,

One week till my Sun cruise so I have a few questions.

Spa:

I heard they have some area that people can go relax in for free, does anyone know if this is true?

Pacific Heights-does anyone have some example of items on the menu in this healthy restaurant? Cost?

Las Ramblas-is this still free or up to $10?

Thanks everyone!

James

James, so far I have not heard of any charge for Las Rambles, I don't think they could really add a charge, but maybe they will find a way eventtually: Pacific Heights: try the mussels. (almost a meal even though it is an appitizer) I had pork chops and don't remember what DD had, but whatever it was really good, especially for light and lean dining. btw, no charge in restaurant.

Even though Las Rambles serves tapas only late afternoon to early evening it is like being in Spain. You can almost make a meal out to them. What we have done both times, eaten several tapas and then gone to the sports bar for a sandwhich late in the evening.

Nita

went on the sun last feb. great crew! one of the nicest we have sailed with. our concierge was THE best. anothjer thing i remember was the outstanding sangria in Las Ramblas. tapas are good too. no charge! pacific heights was great for lunch [pizzas and stuff]. i gained 8 pounds so i know i can't help you w/ the spa. she is a nice ship, by no means the nicest of the fleet, but the first built w/ freestyle in mind. oh, the italian restaurant is small, but beautiful, with great food. i also think she has the nicest hull graphics of the whole fleet. enjoy!

Archived