Dawn - Cat. AF

madelinerose

Hi...

We were docked next to the Dawn last week in Nassau. It looked like a beautiful ship.

Is the balcony size for Cat. AF (mini-suite) the same size as Cat. BA (balcony stateroom)? Will lounge chairs fit?

Are robes provided?

Any additional info on the mini-suites would be greatly appreciated. From the pics I've seen, they seem to be dark. Am I correct?

We didn't find ours to be dark at all. Our balcony had two lounge chairs and a small table. The bathroom had a tub/shower while I think the BA's have only a shower (I kind of think sizes are close). Also I think there were just chairs on the BA balconys. We were provided with robes. The AF categories do get concierge service although we never felt we needed her. We really enjoyed the cabin and plan to book one again for an 11 day Caribbean in 2006 :).

The Dawn is a beautiful ship.

Bigal, Thanks!

I just booked the 11-day Western Caribbean on March 26, 2006. We'll take the Amtrak roundtrip to NY.

Thanks a million! ;)

We didn't find ours to be dark at all. Our balcony had two lounge chairs and a small table. The bathroom had a tub/shower while I think the BA's have only a shower (I kind of think sizes are close). Also I think there were just chairs on the BA balconys. We were provided with robes. The AF categories do get concierge service although we never felt we needed her. We really enjoyed the cabin and plan to book one again for an 11 day Caribbean in 2006 :).

The Dawn is a beautiful ship.

Karen, that's great. You'll love it. We are planning to see about booking the 11 day when we are on the Sun through the Canal next April. We may just be on the same time as you :). You may wish to look into the NCL bus program. For $50 pp you can get a bus at the Travel Plaza Hotel which will take you right to the pier. They will take your luggage from the bus to the ship for 2.00 pp and the bus will be waiting in the pier building when you return. We did this from Allentown, PA and it was really nice. Much better than shlepping our luggage from Port Authority to taxi to pier.

Bigal, thanks again!

In the meantime, I had checked the NCL site and found the bus info. Wow, that's a great price! What a fantastic perk! I'm pretty sure we'll use the bus instead of Amtrak, unless we go to NY early. DH's birthday is April 4 and we always visit NY for at least 4 days. It is really nice to know that the bus is an alternative. Can't beat it! :)

Karen, that's great. You'll love it. We are planning to see about booking the 11 day when we are on the Sun through the Canal next April. We may just be on the same time as you :). You may wish to look into the NCL bus program. For $50 pp you can get a bus at the Travel Plaza Hotel which will take you right to the pier. They will take your luggage from the bus to the ship for 2.00 pp and the bus will be waiting in the pier building when you return. We did this from Allentown, PA and it was really nice. Much better than shlepping our luggage from Port Authority to taxi to pier.

Archived