Westerdam 10-19 Activities

richwmn

Hi All,

And Hello to you richwoman ;) . It's twirlacurl (aka Joan and Doug from Ohio).

We sailed with Rich on 10/19/08 and had the time of our lives.

Eric,

Go to the disco! It's called Northern Lights and I can guarantee you will see Captain Harris there every night! He was so much fun~a young guy (44 years old) and really enjoyed hanging out with the guests.

We ate breakfast and lunch at the Lido each day. Nothing spectacular, but very good indeed. Dinner was at the Vista dining room and we had the best tablemates. It is so much fun meeting new people.

We ate at the Pinnacle Grille one night and it was excellent! DH had the bone-in rib-eye (we originate from Kansas City and had no idea there was such a thing as a bone-in rib-eye!) and he said it was to-die-for! I had the Filet Steak Diane wich was also excellent. I highly recommend the Pinnacle Grille. For the price you just CAN NOT beat it!

A note about wine. Many guests were griping over the cost of wine on board. I would suggest buying your favorite wines and bringing them aboard. At dinner there is a $15 corkage fee, but in your stateroom there is no extra charge. That said, if you have a nice $15 bottle of wine that you bring onboard and pay the corkage fee it only costs $30. BUT, that same bottle of wine from this ship's cellar will cost at least $50 (or more)!

As for photo pricing - $14.95 for one photo! We only bought one pic, because I thought I looked like a cow in all the rest :o.

Entertainment - we went to all of the Superstar contests. They were hilarious! The CD is a very young guy AND very good at his job!

Have a blast everyone! I can't wait to sail on the Westerdam again!

Joan

i have noticed that all cruise lines seem to cut down on activities.

they fail to realize that many folks do not go off the ships in port or return early for many reasons.

health issues

been to the prot before etc etc

they need more actvities.

they cut down so they hope and anticipate you will

pay to do something with your time

not me

i can read a book, listen to the ipod walk sleep eat

find other ways to entertain myself with no extra fees

i can read a book, listen to the ipod walk sleep eat

find other ways to entertain myself with no extra fees

While we were the youngest people on our Westerdam cruise earlier this month, I noticed we weren't complaining about a lack of activities--mainly because I bring along my own entertainment (books, binoculars) and don't rely on ships' activities for entertainment. And I *still* had time conflicts--go figure:rolleyes: I thought they offered plenty to do....

Archived