Seabourn Wine Package - Gold Collection

seeborn cruiser

Has anybody purchased this recently? We are on the Legend on Nov 21 from Fort Lauderdale to Caldera and are thinking of purchasing it in advance in the UK prior to travel.

Can anybody let me know what the wines on the Gold List are? Is the list ship specific?

Many thanks in anticipation

Regards

Seeborn cruiser

We did not purchase the wine package on this trip -- frankly the wine list for the packages did not excite us. Instead we purchased two exceptional french reds -- a bordeaux and a rhone -- on nights when we had special dinners. And quite frankly, the "standard' wines were much improved. Not only was there a much larger selection, they were better quality and more intersting -- a Mendoza Malbec ,a Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc and a beautifully full and dry Languedoc Rose( I do believe we drank that ship's entire stock of that one every day at lunch(.

I agree that the wines have improved but we still order a silver and a gold package when sailing. If you are based in the UK you can order direct from Seabourn in Southampton. Silver £ 100.00 Gold £ 200.00.(great value at the current exchange rate)

For this (£ 33.00 a bottle) you get a very good selection of aditional wines which, on the wine list, can cost anything between $80.00 and $120.00.

I would say this is good value (the cost of the wines is cheaper than you would pay in a shop). If you are not sure which wines to order ask the sommelier to give you advice, they are very knowledgable and very helpful in ensuring that you choose a wine which you will like with your meal.

Although I can't speak to the current list, when we sailed on the Legend Panama Canal cruise two years ago on our honeymoon, the value and quality of the wines in the package was excellent. As a bonus, if the sommelier is Madjic (sp.?), you are in for a treat and will receive special attention (especially if you share a taste with him), including fine stemware. Also, if you have a very special bottle of wine or two that you want to bring on board, Madjic will treat it with loving care. Enjoy!

Steve

Has anybody purchased this recently? We are on the Legend on Nov 21 from Fort Lauderdale to Caldera and are thinking of purchasing it in advance in the UK prior to travel.

Can anybody let me know what the wines on the Gold List are? Is the list ship specific?

Many thanks in anticipation

Regards

Seeborn cruiser

Hi

I always do the gold package and it has been the same this year on both the Pride and the Legend, when i get home i will look at the card that they supply you with and post the wines on the package, which should help:)

I think it is great value for money, especially if you buy it as a gift before you depart, I will try and post later on this evening or tomorrow morning with the list

deb

Here is a sample of the list last March on the Legend:

Silver

White wine:

Far Niente Chardonay,Napa Valley 2004

Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc,Marlborough 2004

Condrieu,Chapoutier,Rhone Valley 2004

La Scoica Gavi di Gavi,Piedmont 2003

Sancerre Le Chene Crochet, loire Valley 2004

Chateau Suduiraut, Sauternes 1997

Red Wine:

Penfold's St.henry, Shiraz 2002

Legacy, Stonestreet,\alexander Valley 1998

Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon, Alexander Valley 2003

Vosne Romanee, Jean Grivot, Cote d'Or, 2001

Torres mas La Plana cabernet Sauvignon, Penedes 2001

Laetitia pinot Noir, Aoooyo Grande Vallet 2002

Gold:

in addition to the Silver:

White Wine:

Patz and Hall Chardonnay 'Hyde Vineyard' 2004

Baron de L.Pouilly fume, Loire Valley, 2000

Puligny Montrachet Bouchart Per & Fils, Burgundy 2004

Domaine Laroche Les Blanchots,Burgundy 2002

Red Wine:

Chateau Giscours, Margaux 2001

Castello Banfi,Brunello di Montalcino 2002

Hanzell Pinot Noire, Sonoma Valley 2003

Silver Oak Cabernet Saivignon, Alexander Valley 2002

I hope this is of help to you.

Tulip 1

Thanks Tulip 1 you have saved you me from posting the wine list:) , which i have just hunted through and found!

The list was exactly the same as my 28th June cruise on the Pride the only difference I found were that some of the vintages were different from the list

deb

dmd707Iwas hoping you woyuld post the fine wine lists so Icould compare them alongside Tulip1 s that was posted on this thread.Do the sisters all carry more or less the same stocks or does the selections differ between the three vessels?.We have purchased the two selections offered and note from the list Tulip1 published against the list of fine wines advised onSEABOURN EXPRESSIONS several are the same ,but the S/G package purchased via southampton equates to £33 per bottle,whilst the gift list goes fromU/S84 toU/S124,so that is a good deal Iguess.We are sailing on the Pride in 10 days time so are gettingexcited.This is our first voyage with Seabourn but the reviews and the reports frum c/c members are allso positive , also the friendliness of the members is great ,offering so many useful suggestions and tips to help first time cruisers likeCarol and myself th at we feel at home before we step on board.Best Regards Woldsman.

dmd707Iwas hoping you woyuld post the fine wine lists so Icould compare them alongside Tulip1 s that was posted on this thread.Do the sisters all carry more or less the same stocks or does the selections differ between the three vessels?.We have purchased the two selections offered and note from the list Tulip1 published against the list of fine wines advised onSEABOURN EXPRESSIONS several are the same ,but the S/G package purchased via southampton equates to £33 per bottle,whilst the gift list goes fromU/S84 toU/S124,so that is a good deal Iguess.We are sailing on the Pride in 10 days time so are gettingexcited.This is our first voyage with Seabourn but the reviews and the reports frum c/c members are allso positive , also the friendliness of the members is great ,offering so many useful suggestions and tips to help first time cruisers likeCarol and myself th at we feel at home before we step on board.Best Regards Woldsman.

Sorry Woldsman I don't have the complete wine list I only had what Tulip 1 had posted which was the silver and gold packages, it is definately a lot cheaper to buy in the UK at the moment £200 for the gold package as against $450 on board, especially now the dollar for us is not so good:(

Yes all 3 ships carry the same wines, sometimes the Sommelier will have a few bottles which are not on either list.

A word of warning re the Pride Sommelier if Craig is onboard, i would not take his recommendation if you are on the gold package he will recommend wines on the Silver package, which are not quite the same quality, any of the other Sommeliers are superb

Enjoy your cruise you will have a superb time the only problem is that they are very addictive;)

deb

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone explain how the silver and gold packages work? I'm new to Seabourn.

Hi,

If you go on to the Seabourn webside and click on 'Clubmembers', then click on 'Guest Forms' and open the 'Gift Orde Form'.

At the top of the page you will see the Silver and gold package details.

This package gives you a special deal on more expensive wines on board the ship just in case you want to give yourself a treat:D.

You can order this also when you are on board. A sample list has been displayed in a previous message.

Enjoy.

Archived