Ships Tours

moniquet

Is there anyway to book tours before departing? Have looked at Cunard website and can't see anything!

When is your departure date?

Along with your final documentation, which you should receive about 3 months before the start of your cruise, you will receive the full shore excursion brochure and a booking form. You can book all your shore excursions in advance once you have received this. I think the booking can now be done over the telephone (you used to have to fax the booking form to Cunard). The shore excursion information on the web-site is generally poor. Usually only a handful of the available excursions are listed and the info itself is often out of date.

Jimmy

We haven't received any documentation yet, departing Jan 3rd. Should we have?

I wouldn't be worried yet. Cunard recently moved there operations from the States back to England and things have been a little slower than they used to be whilst the new systems bed themselves in. Marle may have slightly better info on this but, making allowances for my rapidly failing memory, I think the system is that you should receive your final documentation something like two to three weeks after making the full payment for the cruise - and the full payment has to be made three months before the sailing date (please - anybody with more up to date knowledge feel free to contradict me on this).

On our last cruise (Jun this year) I seem to remember that things were much slower moving than they should have been and we didn't get the full documentation until about a month before the cruise.

I expect you should get the stuff in the next few weeks but, in any event, I'd be inclined to give them a call about the second week of November if nothing's turned up. Don't worry about the tickets, they really aren't an issue as you can board without them. But you will need the shore excursion brochure.

Jimmy

We haven't received any documentation yet, departing Jan 3rd. Should we have?

I am on your Jan 3 sailing and I just received mine today so yours should be coming soon. The forms and tour information are in the package. And I hope that we'll get to meet on the ship.

Bettie

We got our pre cruise documents about a month or so ago. Our cruise is on Nov 29th. We got our final documents two weeks ago.

You will not get final documents until you make sure you have submitted your traveling information such as passport etc, either on line or via a form to fax in when you get your pre cruise docs.

I think Docs are just starting to come out for the Jan 3 cruise so check with your TA if you have one. You should see them shortly I think!

And there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to delivery. I'm on the Nov. 21st cruise and the Nov. 29th cruise and people on the Nov. 29th one were receiving pre-cruise docs before the Nov. 21st one. I received pre-cruise docs for the Nov. 21st but nothing mentioning the second cruise. I received my final docs last week of two separate packages and again after people on my second cruise had received theirs.

And there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to delivery. I'm on the Nov. 21st cruise and the Nov. 29th cruise and people on the Nov. 29th one were receiving pre-cruise docs before the Nov. 21st one. I received pre-cruise docs for the Nov. 21st but nothing mentioning the second cruise. I received my final docs last week of two separate packages and again after people on my second cruise had received theirs.

If you book through a travel agency, the documents are sent to the agency and then the agency sends them to you.

Hello all,

Do you know if courtesy shuttle busses are provided? I have experienced these on a previous QE2 cruise.

In particular I am booked on a 13 night QV Med cruise in August 2009 and am looking for alternatives to the "Tour Offers" available to purchase.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Simes.

I am not sure this is what you had in mind, but I was on a med cruise a few years ago with two other couples and we booked our own tours directly with tour guides. It worked out extremely well. The advantages are total control over the tour and some savings in price. You need to do some research - much of it on the Cruise Critic Boards - but it was well worth it. We had arranged tours for Florence, Sicily and the Naples coast area. If you would like more information, I would be happy to share.

Archived