Navigator 8690 or 7688 - Which One

Okay I'm stuck here. Which aft room should I take. 7688 with the larger balcony and extra side porthole off the side of the balcony or 8690 one deck higher, less obstruction but a single door to the balcony and no porthole window.

If anyone has seen both of these rooms, please tell me which one i should book. Oh yes my BFF is in 8688 so we can be beside one another.

Im afraid 8690 might be too dark also. Help!

I know BONNIE VOYAGER will know - not sure if she is on the boards.

Okay I'm stuck here. Which aft room should I take. 7688 with the larger balcony and extra side porthole off the side of the balcony or 8690 one deck higher, less obstruction but a single door to the balcony and no porthole window.

If anyone has seen both of these rooms, please tell me which one i should book. Oh yes my BFF is in 8688 so we can be beside one another.

I'd take 8690 in a heart beat. The balcony is quite big. I had 8710 on the Freedom which is equivalent to 8690 on the Navigator.

The cabin is not too dark. We had 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table and still plenty of space to walk around. I do not know what the big deal of those inside stern balconies is but if I have a balcony I like to look down at the water.

You have a wonderful 270 degrees view.

Here is a series of pictures of 8710.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2006536450103747233wGRUcm

We had 7688 and BIL/SIL had 8690 on Voyager last January. All six of our group preferred 8690, since it had a much better view. 7688 was huge, but its view was obstructed by the superstructure of the ship....and it was completely covered so it felt cave-like.

We had a drink on the balcony of 8690 every evening......hardly used 7688 at all! 8690 was not any darker than 7688 (in fact, I think it was lighter, despite the single hinged door).

Emerson's girl or J & G:

Do you have any pictures from your stay in 1688/1388 that you can post or email to me? I would love to see pictures of the inside of the cabin. Thanks, sylvia_826@hotmail.com (after my name is underscore _826)

Here's link to lots of pics of those cabins. http://public.fotki.com/rccldesign/voyager-class/cabins/aftbalconies/13881688/

We vote for 7688! It is about the door. This one slides and the one above on deck 8 opens out and our experience on the explorer was it was hard to keep open for some air. It opens out on the balcony. We prefer 7388/7688 if doing the afts. Someone in my house is spoiled now in a gs.

Had 7688 on NOS by far the best cabin we ever had, the balcony is huge and with that large cutout you can see the port side also. The view was great and after a little time really never notice the super structure. We would do that cabin again.

Thanks for the pics. They are great, however, why is it there are none to be found with the new bedding? ummmm :rolleyes: Just me being fussy!

Thanks again! :)

The site was created before all of the bedding was replaced. I don't think it has been updated in awhile.

Here is a link to the entire site

http://public.fotki.com/rccldesign/voyager-class/

I'd take 8690 in a heart beat. The balcony is quite big. I had 8710 on the Freedom which is equivalent to 8690 on the Navigator.

The cabin is not too dark. We had 2 loungers, 2 chairs and a table and still plenty of space to walk around. I do not know what the big deal of those inside stern balconies is but if I have a balcony I like to look down at the water.

You have a wonderful 270 degrees view.

Here is a series of pictures of 8710.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2006536450103747233wGRUcm

I decided to go with 8690. Since Im cruising with the kids and our friends are in the next cabin - it will be easier for them to meet up. I'm very nervous about the single door and the view from the cabin but heck - we will be in the middle of Caribbean I can just walk outside for the view. I guess I'll have to watch what I wear outside there b/c I hear the decks about can see in my balcony. It will be my first Aft - not a true aft but I think it will be me a good idea. TKS FOR ALL THE INPUT.

We had cabin 8690 on the Navigator. It was not dark at all - it was a fantastic cabin and the balcony was great!

Well that is great to know. I was worried, I figured a single door with a little window would make it like a dungeon. I guess the balcony must be bigger than a standard balcony? I love to sit out in the morning with my coffee and book while the kiddies sleep in recovering from a late night from watching the shows and whipping it up at the kids clubs.

And we've toured 7688 on Voyager just to see that enormous balcony everyone talks about. I'd do that in a heartbeat. But I used to be decent at putting up the "Bonnie Voyager signal".:cool: Let me see if I can scare her up and send her by. She can be pretty useful in these conversations sometimes.;)

viewpost.gif

I decided to go with 8690. Since Im cruising with the kids and our friends are in the next cabin - it will be easier for them to meet up. I'm very nervous about the single door and the view from the cabin but heck - we will be in the middle of Caribbean I can just walk outside for the view. I guess I'll have to watch what I wear outside there b/c I hear the decks about can see in my balcony. It will be my first Aft - not a true aft but I think it will be me a good idea. TKS FOR ALL THE INPUT.

I think the most important detail in your decision making process was the fact that your friend is already booked in cabin 8688. So I think you made a wise choice in selecting 8690! When I travel with friends, I value being able to be close to them and find that it enhances our overall experience! Enjoy yourselves! :D

Archived