Questions about Zaandam Circle Tour Mar. 7

JudeeJim

We are going to cruise on the Zaandam in March on a Circle tour to Hawaiil. This is our first cruise on HAL line and I have some questions. How many formal nights on a 15 day cruise? Is the cooking class offered on all of their cruises? Is there a charge for these classes? What should we expect the weather to be like? Hope someone can help me.

Judee

We have recently had 4 Formal nights, all at sea, 2 each way.

Cooking classes were plentiful, with 4 free demonstrations and 4 hands-on for a fee. Additionally, there will be free demonstrations on flower arranging, towel animals, napkin folding, vegetable carving.

Weather is normally cool for the first 2 days off the California coast both ways, then warm, warmer and hot.

This is a great, relaxing cruise and the Zaandam is a lovely ship.

Enjoy!

We are going to cruise on the Zaandam in March on a Circle tour to Hawaiil. This is our first cruise on HAL line and I have some questions. How many formal nights on a 15 day cruise? Is the cooking class offered on all of their cruises? Is there a charge for these classes? What should we expect the weather to be like? Hope someone can help me.

Judee

I have another question. Does anyone know which port we dock in at Lahaina? We want to do a Laua on our own and depending where the ship docks will help us decide which Luau to reserve. Our plans are to rent a car for the day, drive around and do some sightseeing, attend the Laua and get back to the ship by 10:00 PM. Is this something that can be done easily?

Judee

Judee, Lahaina is the port we docked at in Maui. We did the tour called Ulelena, which started at 6 pm, and we were back in plenty of time.

In my oninion, I think that you should be able to do what you planned.

I would go online and book the luau way before the cruise. They are always sold out early. Just be sure that it ends at least 1-1 1/2 hrs. prior to sailing.

Have fun. We love Hawaii. :)

Pat

Archived