Come follow me LIVE from the Sun's 19 night repo cruise

ohioNCLcruiser

Loved that episode!!!:D

A bit OT we be...but isn't it super that here we are' date=' strangers on the internet, and yet we can communicate [i']CLEARLY[/i] by referring to an episode of a show that's been, officially, off the air for what? Like 35 years? And yet that one episode with Felix spelling it all out for us in Hollyweird's version of a Court of Law has remained fresh with some of us to this day.

Yes...I do believe that none of us ever looked at the word assume quite the same again! :rolleyes:

:D:);)

cruiseshipcrew "I've been having twitter problems. Sadly this cruise is making me re-think a few things but they say if you have nothing nice 2 say don't!" 10:24 PM Nov 7th from txt

What can this mean? Not a word from James since Friday. Hopefully his cruise is going better than the above statement hints. Has anyone heard from him?

cruiseshipcrew "I've been having twitter problems. Sadly this cruise is making me re-think a few things but they say if you have nothing nice 2 say don't!" 10:24 PM Nov 7th from txt

What can this mean? Not a word from James since Friday. Hopefully his cruise is going better than the above statement hints. Has anyone heard from him?

I got an e-mail from James. He said it's nothing big, just small service issues that add up.

While it really isn't an excuse I think that the workers have to be disappointed with their personal income during this 19 day cruise. James said there are only 1500 passengers. Many of the passengers are onboard because of the great prices and MAY be cheap with the tips.

He also posted today to the "Travel at your own risk on the Pride of America" thread.

I got an e-mail from James. He said it's nothing big, just small service issues that add up.

While it really isn't an excuse I think that the workers have to be disappointed with their personal income during this 19 day cruise. James said there are only 1500 passengers. Many of the passengers are onboard because of the great prices and MAY be cheap with the tips.

He also posted today to the "Travel at your own risk on the Pride of America" thread.

Wow, great way to ensure less tips!!! I hope things get better for James.

and I have bet on a 19 day cruise in November James is 40 years younger then the next youngest onboard. :D:D

cruizinwithkids: Thanks for letting us know what happened to him. I was kind of thinking along the same lines as you regarding the passenger list. I would think that such a long cruise at this time of year would only have retirees onboard. Not that there's anything wrong with them (one myself) but very few like the nightlife past midnight. Anyway, I guess I can rest easy that it wasn't some horrible virus or some such that made him start to question things. Like another poster said, it had an ominous sound to it.

Hope he manages to enjoy the rest of the cruise; he seems like a positive person so that'll help. Now if he could only get the Sun's webcam to work!!! I would love to be able to check it out and dream a little.

I was kind of thinking along the same lines as you regarding the passenger list. I would think that such a long cruise at this time of year would only have retirees onboard.

I know the Dawn New England/Canada cruise that James did had an average passenger age of about 60. Last spring he was on the Dawn with us to Bermuda and that wasn't a particularly young group.

I've told James that he should either cruise with my daughter and me on the Gem on President's week OR with my husband, my son and two of my son's friends for Spring Break.

I've told James that he should either cruise with my daughter and me on the Gem on President's week OR with my husband, my son and two of my son's friends for Spring Break.

I totally agree with that either way. lol Poor James, it's a lonnnnng 19 days if he's having a miserable time. Is he going through the locks and then on to Miami?

I totally agree with that either way. lol Poor James, it's a lonnnnng 19 days if he's having a miserable time. Is he going through the locks and then on to Miami?

No, it's down the entire western coast, ending in Santiago Chile. Check out his twitter though. He's happy know. A passenger told him he looked like a greek god. :D:D:D

I have started following his Twitter thing too. I was under the impression that he worked for NCL as a crew member, is that not the case here?

Thanks

Al

James is not working for NCL right now. He is sailing on the Sun as a regular passenger. Hopefully he'll be back sailing for NCL soon but I do remember some mention of Carnival. Would much rather see him on NCL. LOL

Kristy

Anybody heard from Twitter since the 9th (Acapulco) ??

Nothing on twitter, BUT according to his facebook (my kids go on that) he was due to go to Costa Rico and go zip lining yesterday.

When my son told me that I complained that he hadn't posted on twitter and he asked me if I was a stalker. LOL

Nothing on twitter, BUT according to his facebook (my kids go on that) he was due to go to Costa Rico and go zip lining yesterday.

When my son told me that I complained that he hadn't posted on twitter and he asked me if I was a stalker. LOL

Cruisinwithkids: While you're "stalking" (lol) him, could you James if he would please ask the-powers-that-be onboard the Sun if they could please, please fix the webcam. It would be nice to see where they're going and dream a little on this end.

Thanks,

Edie

Hi all...any of you know where our long lost traveler might be? Nothing on Twitter or his blog. Also...did he clarify his earlier comment about "rethinking"?

Thanks.

Again, his facebook has been updated. According to that he is on the Sun for 8 more days then hoping to be working on the Spirit. I would like that because I'm hoping to cruise Boston to Bermuda on the Spirit next summer.

Again, his facebook has been updated. According to that he is on the Sun for 8 more days then hoping to be working on the Spirit. I would like that because I'm hoping to cruise Boston to Bermuda on the Spirit next summer.

Did James ever post a link to his facebook space? I don't recall him mentioning it. Sure would like to catch up with his trip.

Thanks so much for your response. Regarding facebook, can you tell me how that works? Can I do a search to find his postings? Thanks for your help!

Thanks so much for your response. Regarding facebook, can you tell me how that works? Can I do a search to find his postings? Thanks for your help!

I don't know how it works. I do know that you set up a profile, join groups and make friends. My two kids each have a profile and I know when my son first set his up, he tried to randomly find too many people and got banned for a time. He didn't know how it worked and that is a way it protects people from random stalkers and perverts.

We met James in Hawaii while on our cruise last February and they exchanged profiles or whatever it's called. My son also hooked up with teens who were on the cruise and it was apparent, at least back then, that it was much more popular in the northeast (we live in Massachusetts) then other parts of the country. I do know though that he stays in facebook contact with people from Australia that he met.

I don't know how it works. I do know that you set up a profile, join groups and make friends. My two kids each have a profile and I know when my son first set his up, he tried to randomly find too many people and got banned for a time. He didn't know how it worked and that is a way it protects people from random stalkers and perverts.

We met James in Hawaii while on our cruise last February and they exchanged profiles or whatever it's called. My son also hooked up with teens who were on the cruise and it was apparent, at least back then, that it was much more popular in the northeast (we live in Massachusetts) then other parts of the country. I do know though that he stays in facebook contact with people from Australia that he met.

Thanks again for the explanation. I'm also happy to hear that James is coming back to NCL on the Spirit. Do you know if he's going back to catering services or if he will have a new position?

Archived