Aft (SV) Cabins

KruiserKat

I believe that the balconies on Deck 6 are the deepest, followed by deck 7 and then deck 8 which has a large balcony but not nearly as big as Deck 6.

The back of the ship slopes outwards so that the lower down you are the more depth you will have on the balcony.

From reading, everyone who has one loves them and they are popular, though the sides are solid and therefore I am not sure when sitting if you can see the sea.

We were booked into one on a Tahitian cruise but then we upgraded to a mini suite so we didn't actually have the opportunity if being in one.

If I had the choice, I would take one on either Deck 6 or 7. I think Deck 8 could be noisy as the outside of the Buffet is above you and you may hear the scraping of the chairs whilst sitting outside or even inside the cabin.

Jennie

KruiserKat -

Aussie Gal is indeed correct, the balconies on Deck 6 are deepest. We have done 3 TAs, 2 in cabins 6090 and one in 6093 on Oceania Regatta and Azamara Quest. The teak flooring on Oceania's balcony is at least 8' x 8' with a couple of inches of bare deck all the way round. Take a look at our pictures of the various ships/cabins.

At cruising speed you will experience some vibration on Deck 6. But you can't beat the location.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived