Caught a nice price break, but don't understand...

MaryL31

Maybe some of you more experienced cruisers can tell me what happened...I originally booked my cruise a few months ago for 01/09...already had one price drop, and was thrilled to see another one this past Thursday evening...called, and got the adjustment. Woke up Friday morning, and looked again. Price went UP, and is now only $30 less per person than my original booking price...total price drops I received were $130 since original booking (times 4 people is a nice chunk of change). I check EVERY DAY, so this lowest price could not have been available more than 24 hours. Could it be that so many people caught the break (instead of attracting new bookings) that they LOST money instead of MADE money by getting new bookings? Just curious, but thrilled to have extra $$$ in MY pocket...

We recently scored a total discount of $910 on JS when a resident discount (Arizona) was made available. The cruise was already 100% paid, but we got a refund for the $910. That was on top of the normal $200 C&A discount.

That pays for our on board charges! Whoopee!

I'm getting quite obsessive about checking for price drops on our Legend 04/09 cruise so we can (hopefully:)) upgrade to an OV cabin. There seem to be few sales as the same cabins are shown as being available every time I check. Does anybody know when price drops usually appear? Morning? Evening ? Overnight? Can I relax and check less often at weekend?

The price on our holiday cruise has bounced around like a rubber ball - down $200pp, down another $600pp, up to what we paid, then even higher. Then after final payment there was a military discount which Azamara honored. So we ended up saving over $2400 from the original price. And AZ threw in a $150 onboard credit to boot, in addition to the shareholder credit and the one we're getting from our TA. So we are quite happy about that!

Archived