royal caribbean Gift certificates????

Joecadd

Gift certificates without buying an on board credit is really what I am looking for?

Huh? what do you want them to be able to buy with them? Drinks, that would be on board credits, things in the shops? That too would be on board credits.

Royal Caribbean website

Deals & Gifts

Shop Gifts & Gear

Cruise Vacation Gift Certificates

be wary of this - you can NOT give it to your friend to take on the ship - it MUST be redeemed and added to their onboard account 10 days prior to sailing.

Your cruise vacation reservation(s) must be made at least fourteen (14) business days prior to the sail date and/or the gift certificate must be redeemed before the final payment date (at least ten (10) business days prior to the sail date).

If you would like to purchase an On-board credit for an existing reservation, please call 800-722-5443. (Gift Certificates cannot be applied to sailings within 10 days.)

Gift certificates without buying an on board credit is really what I am looking for?

He was probably looking to hand them a pretty certificate as a gift rather than just saying "I put X dollars in your onboard account"

Huh? what do you want them to be able to buy with them? Drinks, that would be on board credits, things in the shops? That too would be on board credits.

I know how the purchases work my problem is they are not booked yet. I would like to buy a gift certificate for them now.

I know how the purchases work my problem is they are not booked yet. I would like to buy a gift certificate for them now.

Ah, ok but what do you want them to be able to do with it? Buy stuff on board or use it to pay off their cruise? If it is for paying off I am not sure there is a way other then handing them a check, though if they are booked with a travel agent they might have a way for you to pay some of it off or give a gift certificate from the travel agent, my agency has them.

Ah, ok but what do you want them to be able to do with it? Buy stuff on board or use it to pay off their cruise? If it is for paying off I am not sure there is a way other then handing them a check, though if they are booked with a travel agent they might have a way for you to pay some of it off or give a gift certificate from the travel agent, my agency has them.

You may want to check the link that I posted it explains about the Cruise Gift Certificate.... you may use it toward the price of a cruise or an onboard credit (prior to 4 business days to cruise departure), also they are NOT accepted to be redeemed onboard

You may want to check the link that I posted it explains about the Cruise Gift Certificate.... you may use it toward the price of a cruise or an onboard credit (prior to 4 business days to cruise departure), also they are NOT accepted to be redeemed onboard

thanks, I just learned something new, I didn't realize you could do that for the purchase of a cruise.

We give GCs to each other often. If it is before final payment, they can be applied toward he final payment; afterwards, as OBC. I print off a copy when I receive notication by email that I have one and fax it to my TA to apply to our cruise. They aren't tied to one particular cruise.

I did this with my "baby" sitter (our neighbors watch the pets). They have been on RCI before. So instead of rumcakes or t-shirts and stuff (which is just rubbing it in) I got them gift certificates. You can have them mailed or e-mailed. I had them e-mailed but made a print out at the completion (you never know the spam filters of others).

Don't be distracted by all these responses. The certificate can be used to purchase cruises, gift and gear online (either to be send home or delivered on the ship), added as onboard credit or they can use them anywhere on the ship.

It is a good idea.

Archived