Spirit Dry Dock

raudacruise

I just got off the ship before drydock! The game room is moving to deck 7 and the old game room is turning into cabins. If you are sailing after drydock, you will probably love the ship all fresh and clean! Because it really needed it! Had a great 13 day cruise before drydock, but fresh and new would have been alot better! My bed was changed prior to drydock, but they where changing alot during the cruise. Ran out of alot of food, because they did not stop up, due to drydock! So you will probably have a good stock of food, not like us! Ran out of things like prunes, dates, MY salad dressing, etc....NO big deal. I made due. Enjoy the new Spirit!

Looks like she is cruising somewhere now....

I'm thinking that you clicked on Radacruise's webcam link and see the Dawn cruising. Once you click on his link you need to click on the Spirit from the list of NCL ships displayed there.

If the Spirit is cruising she's going to be cruising right through a bunch of buildings.:eek:

Dianne

I'm thinking that you clicked on Radacruise's webcam link and see the Dawn cruising. Once you click on his link you need to click on the Spirit from the list of NCL ships displayed there.

If the Spirit is cruising she's going to be cruising right through a bunch of buildings.:eek:

Dianne

Thanks for the correction, I guess I wasn't as clear as I should have been.

Lets see. Turkey day in 3 weeks and New Orleans 1 day later. Anyone want any leftovers?

Thanks for the correction, I guess I wasn't as clear as I should have been.

Lets see. Turkey day in 3 weeks and New Orleans 1 day later. Anyone want any leftovers?

I think I'll hold off on anything after Thanksgiving. Gotta save me some room for a coupla dozen dem oysters at Acme:p

2100268821_921ac1de35.jpg

I'm so excited about the huge refurbishment that they are doing on the Spirit. She seems like a very cool ship and I'm happy that they're spending some bucks on her to keep her shipshape! Really looking forward to my cruise on her next year.:):)

DS got some photos last night of the Spirit from a friend. The theatre is stripped of seats and carpeting, the hull is being prepared for fresh paint and one picture had two guys up on scaffolds looking at the side thrusters so things are being done. DS is slated to join the Spirit in Jan. He also got some cool pictures from the Pearl of her drydock from someone else.

DS got some photos last night of the Spirit from a friend. The theatre is stripped of seats and carpeting, the hull is being prepared for fresh paint and one picture had two guys up on scaffolds looking at the side thrusters so things are being done. DS is slated to join the Spirit in Jan. He also got some cool pictures from the Pearl of her drydock from someone else.

Can you add Shawn's pictures to your webshots ? Please :)

I can't wait to see the changes this is a great ship that just needed a little TLC (like most of us need also). One of my favorite cruise ships.

I completely agree with you. The Spirit is a great ship.

It's been three years since her last dry dock, she needs some work.

All ships do. That's why dry dock periods are scheduled.

Heard from one of the crew still onboard that the engine has been replaced. Now I guess they just have to blow out all the valves and hoses, or whatever. They have it tough, the electricty goes out for 8 hours a day and they are sitting in a shipyard with nothing to do.

Archived