Spirit Dry Dock

raudacruise

They are supposedly taking care of her engine issue during the drydock. Time will tell.......

I am sure they will do the best they can. If it can be fixed and I have no reason to think it can't, it will be. Ships don't go into dry dock for 2 weeks just because it is a fun thing to do..

Nita

Anyone know if they plan to install a self serve laundry?

Kim

I would not hold my breath. Perhaps the last thing they would add in drydock. Spend huge sums of money to add something that generates no revenue. The last NCL ship in a major drydock the Jade they took out the self serve laundries.

I would not hold my breath. Perhaps the last thing they would add in drydock. Spend huge sums of money to add something that generates no revenue. The last NCL ship in a major drydock the Jade they took out the self serve laundries.

I was about to also say judging by the last drydocks they removed them I doubt you will see them add one.

I had totally forgotten about the Spirit going into drydock until this afternoon when we saw her here in Mobile, where ships are often refurbished and repaired. We're on the 12/7 sailing - can't wait!!!

Come join our roll call Dixie. We'll be glad to have you!

Not only do the self-serves not generate any revenue, they probably cost NCL revenue. Without them, passengers are more inclined to use the pay laundry service onboard, not to mention whatever it cost the line for maintenance of the machines AND lost cabin space.

That said, I might add I would miss not having the availability of the laundry room.

Happy Cruising! :)

Archived