Jewel to Canada 10/18/08-10/28/08

AFT_LOVER

Aftlover, Do you have any photos of your cabin? I booked the same cabin on Pearl. I am taking my mother-in-law to Alaska and thought the aft balcony would be PERFECT for viewing the scenery. Did you find the cabin and balcony roomy enough? I often read complaints about difficulty opening the closet doors due to the proximaty to the beds. Will there be room to open the closet door if the beds are separated? We'll make do either way, but it would be fun to see photos if you have any.

Aftlover, Do you have any photos of your cabin? I booked the same cabin on Pearl. I am taking my mother-in-law to Alaska and thought the aft balcony would be PERFECT for viewing the scenery. Did you find the cabin and balcony roomy enough? I often read complaints about difficulty opening the closet doors due to the proximaty to the beds. Will there be room to open the closet door if the beds are separated? We'll make do either way, but it would be fun to see photos if you have any.

Bonnie, we aslo had a Cat AF Aft Deck 11 on this voyage and the 3 of us had no problems. Obviously it's not 1688 on The Voyager Class but it's doable for 3 people. We have some pix of Cabin & Balcony. you could email at firelt5@comcast.net

was much bigger than Dawns side of ship Mini. But it has the Great Outdoors upstairs with wood floor & steel tables & chairs, that were stacked for the cold cruise we were on s no one using them, but the Caribbean one is probably noisy. Have to check our photos to see if Jerry took one.

Quote=Bonnie Voyager;16865777]Aftlover, Do you have any photos of your cabin? I booked the same cabin on Pearl. I am taking my mother-in-law to Alaska and thought the aft balcony would be PERFECT for viewing the scenery. Did you find the cabin and balcony roomy enough? I often read complaints about difficulty opening the closet doors due to the proximaty to the beds. Will there be room to open the closet door if the beds are separated? We'll make do either way, but it would be fun to see photos if you have any.

was much bigger than Dawns side of ship Mini. But it has the Great Outdoors upstairs with wood floor & steel tables & chairs, that were stacked for the cold cruise we were on s no one using them, but the Caribbean one is probably noisy. Have to check our photos to see if Jerry took one.

Quote=Bonnie Voyager;16865777]Aftlover, Do you have any photos of your cabin? I booked the same cabin on Pearl. I am taking my mother-in-law to Alaska and thought the aft balcony would be PERFECT for viewing the scenery. Did you find the cabin and balcony roomy enough? I often read complaints about difficulty opening the closet doors due to the proximaty to the beds. Will there be room to open the closet door if the beds are separated? We'll make do either way, but it would be fun to see photos if you have any.

I don't think the noise will be a big issue for our Alaskan cruise either. ;)

Aft Lover: We've got this same stateroom booked in December. We had an awful aft experience on the Sun and I'm hoping it won't be the case on the Jewel. Did you have lot's of suet on the balcony?
Georgene, I'll answer your question in case she doesn't return. We were aft on the Sun as well, and we definitely had soot on our balcony. But, we were aft on the Jewel, and nothing. It's the way the aft end of the two ships differ. The Sun's aft decks are slanted, and the balconies (especially the minisuites on Deck 10) have very little coverage. On the other hand, all of the Jewel's balconies are completely covered.

CMO: Thanks! That's good news as we were hesitant to take it after our awful experience on the Sun - the Sun was our worst stateroom attendant we've ever had and then the suet was thick his cleanup smeared it all over the balcony (couldn't even sit on the chairs) and to make it worse I even got plopped in the face from suet when I stepped out in the balcony at 6:30 in the morning! What an eyeopener beginning of the day - lol

Georgene, I'll answer your question in case she doesn't return. We were aft on the Sun as well, and we definitely had soot on our balcony. But, we were aft on the Jewel, and nothing. It's the way the aft end of the two ships differ. The Sun's aft decks are slanted, and the balconies (especially the minisuites on Deck 10) have very little coverage. On the other hand, all of the Jewel's balconies are completely covered.

The balconies on 10 (Jewel, Gem, Pearl, Jade) are not completely covered. There is about a 3 foot space that is opened to the sun and you do get some trash from deck 12 and a little soot on the balcony. But ask the cabin stewards to clean the balcony and they will be more than happy to.

I guess we were lucky not to get any trash on our balcony when in the Sun aft mini. At least on the Jewel, Gem and Jade (and probably the Star and Dawn), the deck chairs can remain back far enough that they're out of the soot drop area. On the Sun, they're right out there in the open.

When people ask questions about the soot on the Sun's aft minis, I always suggest they keep pool towels to place on the chairs before they sit down. There was even soot on the carpet right inside the sliding glass door. You know, even with the soot problem, that cabin was fabulous. The Sun's minisutes are much bigger than minisuites on the other NCL ships.

Aft Lover: We've got this same stateroom booked in December. We had an awful aft experience on the Sun and I'm hoping it won't be the case on the Jewel. Did you have lot's of suet on the balcony?

We had Cabin 11152 AFT on the Jewel and only had 1 incident of soot on the Balcony Rail,

which was very minor.

Archived