Pre-cruise Barbados hotel

Bettyboop66

My DH and I are in the early planning stages of a Wind Surf cruise. We are looking at sailing RT from Barbados. I've looked on the Windstar website but can't find any info about pre or post cruise hotel packages. Does anyone know if they offer these? Have you had any experiences good or bad with Barbados hotels. We were thinking maybe something all inclusive to make things easy. But we are open to any and all suggestions. Thanks for the help.

We have taken two Wind Surf cruises from Barbados and have stayed at the Accra Beach Hotel both times. While we have not purchased a package from Windstar, we have seen a number of fellow passengers at the hotel and there is usually a company rep in the lobby from time to time, indicating that packages may be available. I suggest that you have your travel agent check with the company.

We have been quite satisfied with the hotel. It is well located, not too far from town, and there are a number of restaurants in the area as well as kiosks across the street where one can purchase coffee and pastries in the morning.

We would certainly stay there again.

Hope this helps. :)

Marty

We haven't stayed there yet, but we're sailing the Wind Surf from Barbados Jan. 4 and my research led me to the Accra Beach Hotel also. I will warn you that a lot of Barbados hotels seem to have minimum stay requirements ranging from 3-7 nights. We just needed 2 nights and ultimately had only 2 or 3 possibilities that weren't much more expensive than we wanted to pay. I am hopeful about the Accra though - at the very least it looks like it has a nice beach area, which is important to me.

Either of these two sister hotels will take short-stays. They are adjacent, oceanfront properties on a nice stretch of beach with good facilities considering their small size. They have limited (and dated) kitchenette facilities and they each have a swimming pool and restaurant (with several other restaurants within walking distance). I found the simple studio rooms cool, clean and well-maintained with panoramic views. The two hotels share a concierge who will arrange tours, rental cars, taxi to the port (about $15), etc.

If you're there on a Friday night, a trip to Oistins is recommended for a fresh fish dinner at a very fair price. These hotels are on the main south coast bus line (I believe the Accra Beach is too) ... all in all, they're good 3-star choices.

http://www.blueorchidsbarbados.com/

http://coralmistbarbados.com/

We're booked the 4th Jan also, arriving a day early. We have not booked a pre-room yet but we are staying an additional 4 nights post cruise at one of the Almond all inclusive properties. Our flight arrives after 10 pm so we're just looking for a pretty basic place fairly close to the airport.

We may do the Accra beach but there are a couple other places we are looking at too. We figure we'll just sleep in a bit and make our way to the ship on Sunday. Embarkation usually starts after 1pm I think??

W

Its amazing that for us in the USA its a 14hr travel day to get to Barbados but for our friends in England, they can get there direct in 7 or 8 hours....

Archived