Trip Insurance??

mjl1960

Trip insurance can be purchased up to the day before you actually leave on your trip. If a pre-exisiting medical condition is involved in needing to file a claim then one has to be careful when they purchase their insurance. For most polices it is only covered if the policy is purchased within about 14 days of making your initial deposit although there are at least 2 companies that allow you to still be covered under a pre-exisiting medical condition as long as you purchase your insurance anytime before or within 24 hrs of making your final payment. www.insuremytrip.com is a good site to go to and research the different policies that are available. Whatever you do please read and reseach and ask questions so you know what you are actually buying and what your policy will and will not cover before purchasing any insurance. And yes, I do recommend you do purchase insurance. Unexpected things happen and we read messages from people every week that didn't get insurance and later have regretted it.

Trip insurance can be purchased up to the day before you actually leave on your trip. If a pre-exisiting medical condition is involved in needing to file a claim then one has to be careful when they purchase their insurance. For most polices it is only covered if the policy is purchased within about 14 days of making your initial deposit although there are at least 2 companies that allow you to still be covered under a pre-exisiting medical condition as long as you purchase your insurance anytime before or within 24 hrs of making your final payment. www.insuremytrip.com is a good site to go to and research the different policies that are available. Whatever you do please read and reseach and ask questions so you know what you are actually buying and what your policy will and will not cover before purchasing any insurance. And yes, I do recommend you do purchase insurance. Unexpected things happen and we read messages from people every week that didn't get insurance and later have regretted it.

Thanks!! I have read different companies policies on that website...my brain is beginning to muddle. I am looking at a policy from CSA, and I think it will be alright...but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Glad I could help! Fortunately we have not had to file any claims thus far;) but CSA is whom we've purchased from in the past since I do have to be careful of pre-exisiting conditions because of my parents and after asking lots and lots of "what if" questions in case we did need to file a claim and likely will again for our upcoming cruise.

Enjoy your cruise !:)

Just got off the Glory yesterday and would suggest trip insurance always! We were delayed 10 hours getting back into port because of a emergency at sea. Some cruisers had to pay $4000 to have flights changed.:eek: I will always get insurance in the future.

Two thumbs up for Travelex - we have successfully filed a claim and very quickly got reimbursed for travel expenses that resulted from a very late ship. 3 last minute (less than 24 hours in advance) 1 way tickets home from Miami. That single claim made up for all we'd ever spent on trip insurance.

The CSA Freestyle is MUCH better coverage than Carnival's Berkley policy and for a medium-priced cruise is about the same cost as Carnival's. You might also check your Health Insurance for Out-of-Country benefits and your Credit Card for Travel Protection benefits - we found that with our Blue Cross Health and our World Mastercard coverage we almost don't need Trip insurance. ken

Archived