90 hour countdown!

lam7609

Leave in 90 hours. I'm starting to get really excited. Flamomo-I hope to meet you guys before we board. I am a 30(ish) WF with a short ponytail. I will probably have on a powder blue(or green, haven't decided yet) fleece jacket. I will probably be the only one cross stitching in the airport (either a mermaid or a palm tree:)) Hope this helps! It's fun to have someone to count down with.

Karyn

Karyn,

Nancy and I be looking for you. Just wave that cross stitch piece now and then!

I have short gray hair and am about 5'5". Not sure what I will wear yet. Probably a turquoise windbreaker jacket, and either jeans or tan pants. Have not been able to decide that yet. I'll be pulling a small dark green roll-on bag and carrying a royal blue tote bag.

My flight from Florida gets to LAX about 9:20 AM. Nancy will be there ahead of me.

See you there! This is SO exciting!

Mary Lou

Thanks to both of you, Charlie and Kinka.I really believe this will be my "trip of a lifetime, and feel so lucky to be able to go.

And, I probably wouldn't feel too badly if I became addicted! Of course, that would just be in addition to my addiction to the Hawaii r/t itinerary.

Kinka, when it gets down to under 7 days, all of a sudden it seems as though time is just flying by. I can't believe we leave in 4 days!

Thanks to both of you, Charlie and Kinka.I really believe this will be my "trip of a lifetime, and feel so lucky to be able to go.

And, I probably wouldn't feel too badly if I became addicted! Of course, that would just be in addition to my addiction to the Hawaii r/t itinerary.

Kinka, when it gets down to under 7 days, all of a sudden it seems as though time is just flying by. I can't believe we leave in 4 days!

Still looking forward to--LIVE FROM THE TAHITIAN PRINCESS

To all that will be aboard--have the greatest vacation--I'm so jealous !!!!!!!

Don't forget to buy your flowers before you take off--they last a very long time

Safe Travels

Nancy:D

Yes, Nancy. I would like to go to the market for flowers before we board. I understand it's not too far between the market and the pier. Is that right?

We'll try to post from the ship. We don't board till Sunday.

Can't wait for Friday and flying away to Paradise!

It just dawned on me that we'll have to buy flowers on Saturday, because we board on Sunday, and the market will be closed by the time we go to the pier.

Or might there be vendors selling flowers in the pier area?

What are your plans for Saturday? I'm not sure if you are flying straight through or if you have a lay over, but you could always high tail it down there on Saturday and take the flowers back to your room - or even go into market early (they close at 9:30 or 9, I think) on Sunday. Because of the time change, you will be up at the crack o' dawn - we were and it was just a threehour change for us.

I saw no flowers being sold at the pier, although there are vendors selling other things, pareus, jewlery, etc. just by the visitors center.

We're flying in on Friday and doing 2 nights at the IC Papeete. That's why I figured we could go into town on Sat. and get some flowers then.

Hopefully the steward will be able to come up with a vase, if there's none with the flowers. I sure don't have room in my luggage to take one with me! LOL

We're traveling pretty much all day on Friday. I leave FL at 0700, get to LAX about 0920, and our flight on ATN is scheduled for 1 PM.

I'm getting so excited, now that the wait is nearly over.

Thanks, Charlie and Nancy (Seal) for answering so many questions and providing tons of information that I know will make our first time in FP easier. OH, and thanks to everyone else who shared their experiences and knowledge with us FP newbies.

You can buy either loose flowers or those in an arrangement. Signals offered a really neat fold down vase that worked great (it's a flat sheet of heat sensitive plastic. You run warm water on it and you can mold it and then set it with cool water. The only thing to watch out for is not to put it in the sun. It's probably too late for this trip, but something you might want to think about, as afterwards it folds down flat again and is ready to pack. You can also buy a vase there to use, but you're right about not packing one - too much valuable space is eaten up with that.

Get the arrangement--easiest way to go--sits low--beautiful decoration.

Enjoy the IC--beautiful property--2--different and fun pools--on one side there are free kayaks for your use--just know you're going to love it !!!!!!

Nancy:D

Safe Travels

We're flying in on Friday and doing 2 nights at the IC Papeete. That's why I figured we could go into town on Sat. and get some flowers then.

Hopefully the steward will be able to come up with a vase, if there's none with the flowers. I sure don't have room in my luggage to take one with me! LOL

AARRRRGGHHH I was really hoping to pick up flowers at the market too but we don't get to the ship until Sunday evening - however is the Marche open on Monday we could get off and get some then couldn't we as we don't sail until 5pm??

We tried those heat-sensitive packable vases a couple of years ago. They were really not very usable or useful--we gave up. I bought myself a large plastic glass yesterday for 50 cents--I'll pack it full of underwear. It's very light, but I tried it out yesterday with flowers and it worked a treat--filled with water it was quite stable. I'll be going off on Saturday afternoon once we board to find flowers--will I still find flowers after 3 p.m.?

OH My Gosh!!!

I'm leaving in LESS than 48 hours! I can't believe it!

I forgot that we could get flowers on Monday at le Marche. I guess that would be a better time to do it, when we don't have a carry-on bag, etc. to tote. Thanks, WOAT, for reminding me!

Mary Lou

Archived