Chocolate & Turn down services

Italian Nancy

as for the daily weather in port, subject to change in many places, we just sort of looked out the window or went out on deck
We did look out the window in St. Maarten, but it looked great! We certainly weren't expecting to get caught in the rain. We had already seen most of the Butterfly Farm when the skies opened up, but we would really have liked to be able to see more of Marigot than just running from place to place in the rain.

etoile...................really, I am puzzled at the use of the word complain, you are just kidding aren't you?
No, I am not kidding. That was my only complaint from an otherwise delightful trip. But it did ruin our excursion on St. Maarten. If we had known to bring our umbrellas, we would have had a much better time, but we were not well-informed. When I received the comment card at the end of the voyage I put down "please tell us the weather!" (or something like that) and now I may well contact them and say "please make sure the person responsible for the weather cards uses them!" I didn't see a single weather card the whole trip. We only needed it on the one day, but on that day it was very important.

Not to worry, my complaining is always respectful and polite, and I will make sure to tell them what a wonderful time I had otherwise.

hi...that's fine....we all have things that are important to us.....

I never knew the cards were for weather.....you can tell how important that is for me.

Nancy, I hope you have time to check this board before you sail tomorrow. Happy sails to you. I envy you right now, I envy the fact you're leaving on a cruise and I'm not and now, after all this chocolate talk, I'm envying your impending stash of those Celebrity chocolates. :D

Ruh-roh... looks like I started a riot ;)

It's getting scarey folks, second time today I went looking for something and actually found it!

http://www.davehau.com/gal/card.jpg

This actually was in a stack of dailies from one of my cruises -- were on my kitchen table while I convinced myself to either deep-six them or find them a home :rolleyes: Fast dirty scan, but that's the inside of a folder with the card... there is a little tab the card slides under.

Think I've only actually seen these used that one cruise... must be a pain to fill them out for 20 cabins a night.

Dave

PS: marking date on calendar: "I knew something about Celeb cruises that Lois didn't" :D ;) (jus' kidding lois.. is a testament to your helpfulness here.)

We got poured on twice in St. Maarten and once in Curacau. I don't think they can always predict those sudden short downpours.

When we faithfully cruised the beginning of Jan. we never once got rain. Since we have done Dec., late Jan., and Feb. it hasn't been as consisitant. Go figure. :)

Lois, I think the only reason I discovered the weather cards is because I had nothing better to do while Tom was fixing us a nitecap. :D

Davehau, Thanks for the memories.

davehau, thanx from me too, I guess one of these days I am just going to have to sit down and figure out how to work this scanner that's been sitting on the desk for 3 months...........:D :D

How the heck am I going to stand the next 6 plus months?

:D hi...the only time it rained for any of my cruises was in Sept on HAL...LOL does that tell you something...just kidding!

We were in Tortola......AT THE BEACH:eek: .....all of a sudden the sun went away and the RAINS CAME LOL.....everyone had to RUN under cover......it was no big deal though....sort of reminded me of summers here at home.......always a summer rain in the afternoon! Rains for about 1/2 hour...then stops and gets humid LOL

We were on a 14 day cruise and had a different card each day, with the weather insert and a chocolate. One night we had no card and my DW mentioned to the steward that she was collecting all the different cards. Next night he left 2 and lots of extra chocolates, mmmmmmm (cat 6)

This thread is too funny guys! I saw the weather cards too & thought they were a nice thought. AND, we have been rained on in many different places at many different times--never more than a quickie & then back to the business of beaching & sun!!! Can't ruin MY trip! I just hike up the pants & keep on "cruising! :D

Lois, aren't you Cap's club??? Haven't you received the box of Cova Chocs before??? Last trip, we received the Cova's each night on our pillows, usually 4 or 6, and we each received a box of 6 specially wraped chocs too!

oh well, cruising must be like a box of chocolates....ya never know what your going to get;) ......

Oh wait....this is X...of course I know:D ......fantastic service and the feeling that I AM REALLY SPECIAL:)

Can't eat Beef, Mad cow....

Can't eat chicken . bird flu

Can't eat eggs ... Salmonella

Can't eat pork ... fears that bird flu will infect piggies

Can't eat fish ... heavy metals in the waters has poisoned their meat

Can't eat fruits and veggies ... insecticides and herbicides

Hmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe that leaves Chocolate!!!!!!!!

Chocolate is a Vegetable:D

Chocolate is derived from cocoa beans.

Bean = vegetable.**

Sugar is derived from either sugar cane or sugar BEETS.**

Both of them are plants, in the vegetable category.

Thus, chocolate is a vegetable.**

**To go one step further, chocolate candy bars also contain milk, which is dairy. So candy bars are a health food.**

Chocolate-covered raisins, cherries, orange slices and strawberries all count as fruit, so eat as many as you want.**

Remember - - -"STRESSED" spelled backward is "DESSERTS":D :D :D

Garry

Archived