Dinner Menu Themes/Order - Crown Princess E. Carib.

LuvTheGoodLife

I am going on the Crown Princess - Eastern Caribbean itinerary in a few weeks and am trying to plan our nights for the specialty restaurants. To assist with that, I am wondering if any recent Crown Princess cruisers from the Eastern Caribbean itinerary can help me with the dinner menu themes for each night.

I know first night (Sunday) is Sailaway dinner and I hear Tuesday and Thursday are formal nights but I also read in a recent review that Friday was lobster night? (I assumed lobster would be part of Thursday formal night menu in diningroom). Any idea what night is Caribbean menu? What night is French? Italian? I assume last night (Saturday) would be typical Landfall menu...

Thanks to all who can help.

I just returned, but honestly don't remember all the menus, but can tell you what we did each night:

Sun -- ate cold seafood buffet Horizon Court -- shrimp, lobster claws, and snow crab legs. No idea what was in the dining room.

Mon - Caribbean night --we had the available anytime menu of salmon and filet mignon

Tues - Captains Dinner -- formal-- we both had special of the night-- filet mignon -- better than what is available at anytime. I think they also had lamb this night. I don't care for lamb, but heard several guests raving about it.

Wed - Italian -- both had spicy shrimp dish (not really very spicy at all). Limoncello night -- good, but too strong for my liking

Thurs -- formal--- --- King Crab --- waiter automatically brought us a double order... he said the serving sizes were too small. Double order was just right for my husband. I had a few left.

Friday-- "chef's special dinner I believe--- lobster tails with 2 prawns--- lobster are small --- order 2 tails--- the prawns were larger than my lobster tail. They also had beef wellington. Baked Alaska for dessert. Again had a "first time ever special" of a creamy limoncello .... I had read about it before on this site.... not the "first time ever". Very pushy this night on buying shots and cook books

Sat - landfall --- linguine with clam sauce was incredible. I had scallops -- yummy. also had turkey and dressing (not cruise food in my opinion :) )

Sat -at lunch in the Caribe Court was a Sushi buffet.... it was decent, but not outstanding

Everyday at lunch and to mid afternoon the International cafe has small sandwiches... The tomato and mozzarella pannini and grilled chicken sandwich were really good. Chicken salad with crackers was good too.

Thanks Sboland22, that helps. I wonder why they decided on 2nd Formal nite being Thursday but having lobster as part of Friday menu?

I also am not sure I am thrilled with having the formal nights being Tues/Thurs for a Sunday - Sunday cruise. I am thinking they definitely wanted the revenue they get from the spa/salons etc. when formal night is held on sea days.

Previous cruises we have done Sabatini's on first night since it was not busy and there is not much entertainment on first night but now I am leaning to Monday night...

was on the crown and heard also that Caribbean night was not that great (monday) so we went to Sabatini's and had a wonderful dinner there. Just have an empty stomach if you decide to go! The other nights had fine dinners if you ask me:)

I can`t remember ever having an empty stomach on any of the cruises I have been on. That is probably why I always put on weight.:D

I can`t remember ever having an empty stomach on any of the cruises I have been on. That is probably why I always put on weight.:D

Funny! The only reason I had an empty stomach was that on that day the ship was at Princess Cays where they had a bar-b-que for the passengers and I thought the food was gross & did'nt eat very much! Otherwise, I took advantage of the goodies! I have never gained any weight because we usually keep active and really only eat the 3 meals daily.:) and yes..I ate the desserts!

Does anyone know what the buffet themes are in the Cafe Caribe on Monday and Tuesday nights (know the other nites). Also, other than sailaway seafood buffet is there any other night that crab or lobster claws are served in the Caribe buffet.

I got this from another thread:

Day 1 - No theme...that I noticed...lol

Day 2 - Down Island Buffet

Day 3 - Seafood Extravaganza

Day 4 - Bavarian

Day 5 - Rijstafel Buffet

Day 6 - Island Night

Day 7 - Creole

HTH

Marianne

Thanks Sboland22, that helps. I wonder why they decided on 2nd Formal nite being Thursday but having lobster as part of Friday menu?

I also am not sure I am thrilled with having the formal nights being Tues/Thurs for a Sunday - Sunday cruise. I am thinking they definitely wanted the revenue they get from the spa/salons etc. when formal night is held on sea days.

Previous cruises we have done Sabatini's on first night since it was not busy and there is not much entertainment on first night but now I am leaning to Monday night...

With the last day being a sea day, you cannot have that be formal night as most needed to pack before dinner. So therefore the only option for formal night is the day you depart a port the earliest...

Personally I find crab legs on formal night a bit cumbersome. They should flip flop that menu with the lobster menu.

I did feel the larger lobster tails on the Star were preferable.

We booked Sabatinis on the Friday night and missed Seafood night but had a sampling Sunday night in the Caribe for appetizers before we went to DaVinches. So really what I am saying here is it is a toss up between great food, great food and great food.

French night has been removed from menus. Allthough, our matre' d, (Michael), in the DaVinci dining room, went out of his way to serve us escargo and french onion soup, which has been removed from the menus. Also, I thought the fettutini alfredo was excellent,(when asked to be served in a parmisan bowl).

Archived