british cruiser questions

sandian

FYI :D

Fuel Surcharge is paid back as OBC if final payment has been made or deducted from invoice if final payment hasnt been made.

It shouldnt be refunded to your credit card.

Hi Liz,

I know!! :)

Thing is the TA offered to give me the refund as opposed to OBC via RCCL. So who am I to argue? They've spoken to RCCL today and confirmed I can have the gratuities prepaid and just refund the difference. I'm guessing the TA still hasn't forwarded final payment as I still can't print off our setsail pass.

Hi Liz,

I know!! :)

Thing is the TA offered to give me the refund as opposed to OBC via RCCL. So who am I to argue? They've spoken to RCCL today and confirmed I can have the gratuities prepaid and just refund the difference. I'm guessing the TA still hasn't forwarded final payment as I still can't print off our setsail pass.

Hi :)

See I just dont get this...why the heck hasnt your TA forwarded your final payment to RCCL? :confused:

Mmm wonder what RCCL's current exchange rate is set at just now ? You might have been better off getting the OBC rather than refund?

Quick Question (probably a dumb one!), hope it hasnt already been asked as I just scanned the 6 pages quickly since im at work (ssshhhh)

We booked the cruise through TA (just the cruise not the flights) and they gave us a small extra discount (TA was the stores manager and a friend of a close friend) I think its showing up as about £70 extra discount. I looked online the day we booked and the cruise was showing up as £1400 and a few pounds (for 2), we got it for £1200 and a few pounds booking thought the TA (we wanted to book through the TA as never booked a cruise before, hadnt found these boards and was scared to book online, esp as it was her who put the thought in our head as we hadnt considered it before seeing her :D). I look online now and the Price has dropped to £1300 and a few pounds (how shocking is my memory lol) so its a little over £100 drop so far it has done. My question is, would I get a price drop or not seen as this online price is still more than the TA price or would the TAs price have dropped as well so I would be entitled to the price drop, am I explaining myself correctly lol Im not sure, its been a long day, day 5 of 12 hour shifts and tooth pics to hold my lids open :D

Quick Question (probably a dumb one!), hope it hasnt already been asked as I just scanned the 6 pages quickly since im at work (ssshhhh)

We booked the cruise through TA (just the cruise not the flights) and they gave us a small extra discount (TA was the stores manager and a friend of a close friend) I think its showing up as about £70 extra discount. I looked online the day we booked and the cruise was showing up as £1400 and a few pounds (for 2), we got it for £1200 and a few pounds booking thought the TA (we wanted to book through the TA as never booked a cruise before, hadnt found these boards and was scared to book online, esp as it was her who put the thought in our head as we hadnt considered it before seeing her :D). I look online now and the Price has dropped to £1300 and a few pounds (how shocking is my memory lol) so its a little over £100 drop so far it has done. My question is, would I get a price drop or not seen as this online price is still more than the TA price or would the TAs price have dropped as well so I would be entitled to the price drop, am I explaining myself correctly lol Im not sure, its been a long day, day 5 of 12 hour shifts and tooth pics to hold my lids open :D

To qualify for a price drop the price on rccl website has to be lower than what you paid.

Also the category you booked must be available.

Remember though the site doesnt show the Early Booking Discount,that doesnt show up until your invoice,the EBD can be between £200-£400,depending on length of cruise etc.

To qualify for a price drop the price on rccl website has to be lower than what you paid.

Also the category you booked must be available.

Remember though the site doesnt show the Early Booking Discount,that doesnt show up until your invoice,the EBD can be between £200-£400,depending on length of cruise etc.

Ahhh yes that was it Early booking discount was £100 pp. So do I take the EBD now (so £200) of the price its showing me on a dummy booking on RC Online, see thats giving us a price of £1100 and contact the TA or does it not work like that. I dont want to pester her but I dont want to miss out either, thats why asking here first.

thanks for your help so far!

Hi

Just wanted to say that I looked on line at our cruise (Feb 2010) and noticed it had gone down by about £50.00 (not a lot I know) though still thought I would phone up to ask for reduction. Well, I was extremely chuffed when RCI said, 'oh yes, I'll adjust the price now and they reduced it by £311. Not sure how it worked out but she mumbled something about an early booking discount (though we have already booked it, so was surprised to get that!) Obviously, the fuel surcharge was also taken off so we are almost £500 better off than we started!! Roll on the champagne on board!! :D

Why are your tips $15.50 per day, they should be $9.75 which is about £6.37, at the moment. Still higher than the £4.50 though

I added suite stateroom also for tip instead just standard cabin tip to total !! (wishful thinking!). I got the info from RCI website as follows, so paying before is less (£6.50 pp per day if pay onboard at present @ $1.5 to £) but only £4.90 if pay now before I go so for family of 4 for a 12 night it makes a bit of difference! (£235 per cruise instead of £312 at current rate - £235 is based on £2.00 to £ by the looks of it so its a win win as it is very unlikely to go above $2 to £ in next 6 months!)

Onboard Extras

s.gif

cor_print_icon.gifPrint This Page

s.gif

Q: What are gratuity guidelines for cruises?s.gifA: So that you can thank those who have made your cruise vacation better than you could have imagined, we've developed these gratuity guidelines:

Suite attendant:$5.75 USDa day per guestStateroom attendant:$3.50 USDa day per guestDining Room Waiter:$3.50 USDa day per guestAssistant Waiter:$2.00 USDa day per guestHeadwaiter:$.75 USDa day per guest

Hollyanna

Have you tried going in through the .com website as opposed to co.uk? I've noticed there are slightly different features in the .com one.....

Thanks for the heads up on the gratuity situation. Will follow suit and call my TA.

Norbert's Niece - tried the US website but you get exactly same options for perosnal account, thanks anyway for the idea:)Hollyanna

Thought I better post this here with regard to a change again in fuel supplement refund for UK Cruisers,this comes from email I received today-

Further to our communication dated the 5th December 2008 regarding the

suspension of the fuel supplement for all Royal Caribbean International

sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009; please be advised of the

following important information:

Please note that ALL guests with existing bookings for sailings that depart

on or after January 1, 2009, will now have the supplement automatically

refunded to them in the form of an onboard credit during their

sailing. Please be aware that this applies to both paid and unpaid

bookings, the original holiday price therefore remains unchanged.

Please note that this decision has been made to facilitate a smoother

reimbursement process for both our guests and trade partners.

The on board credit will be given at the same ROE as was paid for at the

time and means that we are able to reimburse the guests directly, rather

than go via the trade partner and adjust all the costs on the booking and

cause unecessary administration and invoicing.

Thanks for that Liz. Just need to pick your brains. My MIL and her friend are coming with us on the IoS next Nov and I know they will both struggle to spend £65 on board (don't drink, will sort our own excursions etc). If there is any OBC left over at the end of the cruise, do Guest Relations 'give you change'?

Simon

Thanks for that Liz. Just need to pick your brains. My MIL and her friend are coming with us on the IoS next Nov and I know they will both struggle to spend £65 on board (don't drink, will sort our own excursions etc). If there is any OBC left over at the end of the cruise, do Guest Relations 'give you change'?

Simon

Hi Simon :D

Any left over OBC should be credited back to the Credit Card on the seapass account. :D

Thought I better post this here with regard to a change again in fuel supplement refund for UK Cruisers,this comes from email I received today-

Further to our communication dated the 5th December 2008 regarding the

suspension of the fuel supplement for all Royal Caribbean International

sailings that depart on or after January 1, 2009; please be advised of the

following important information:

Please note that ALL guests with existing bookings for sailings that depart

on or after January 1, 2009, will now have the supplement automatically

refunded to them in the form of an onboard credit during their

sailing. Please be aware that this applies to both paid and unpaid

bookings, the original holiday price therefore remains unchanged.

Please note that this decision has been made to facilitate a smoother

reimbursement process for both our guests and trade partners.

The on board credit will be given at the same ROE as was paid for at the

time and means that we are able to reimburse the guests directly, rather

than go via the trade partner and adjust all the costs on the booking and

cause unecessary administration and invoicing.

Hey Liz :)

I received my fuel surcharge refund today to my card.... they're going to use the balance and pre-pay our gratuities. Something in my head about left hand and right hand needing to speak to each other occurs.....

Hey Liz :)

I received my fuel surcharge refund today to my card.... they're going to use the balance and pre-pay our gratuities. Something in my head about left hand and right hand needing to speak to each other occurs.....

They only had the meeting on Friday at which they decided on this change of rule. We first heard about it here on CC on saturday and I had email from UK Exec on Sunday and from the office today with the above statement. I think your rebate was already in the process and that is why you got yours.

This thread will give more details on how it all came to light-

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=891336

Hi I am new to this site but really excited to get top tips on the cruise. I booked with Thomas Cook last year and got the reduction when the price went down. The first person I phoned wouldnt give me the reduction, so I called again half an hour later and got the person to telephone RCCI direct and got the discount - it's worth trying again!

:)

They only had the meeting on Friday at which they decided on this change of rule. We first heard about it here on CC on saturday and I had email from UK Exec on Sunday and from the office today with the above statement. I think your rebate was already in the process and that is why you got yours.

This thread will give more details on how it all came to light-

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=891336

OK. Read that. Thanks. Am guessing all the calls backwards and forwards finally brought about a definitive response. Seems like someone didn't actually plan on what to do when / if prices dropped......

Hi I am new to this site but really excited to get top tips on the cruise. I booked with Thomas Cook last year and got the reduction when the price went down. The first person I phoned wouldnt give me the reduction, so I called again half an hour later and got the person to telephone RCCI direct and got the discount - it's worth trying again!

:)

Welcome to the boards. There's a wealth of information out there as well as the not quite so serious side of cruising. It's an invaluable resource and I'm surprised more people don't use it.

couple of things

any brits bought shares in rccl and received the perks?

they are only registered in new york, can you buy them in london?

We tried to buy them thro our bank and it got so complicated,then we were told they did not sell through an online service and we had to go to a stockbroker.

In the end we thought it not worth the effort and they had gone up every day.

couple of things

I tried today as well with Chelsea building society, they have a partnership with one of the well know brokers. Everything was fine until I said they were RCCL shares to which I was advised to try my local bank. I would be interested to hear if anyone has been successful.

Kimberley

Simon

Last twice they gave us the cash left over the counter at Guest relations [that was in Sept and Nov,]

couple of things

The below quote was given in post 56 :)

Hi

We bought stock some time back it's relatively easy.

We went to Natwest and got all the info, don't forget to tell them it's only on the New York stock exchange.

Roy

Archived