First O Cruise = EXCELLENT

travl2day

Just returned from Enchanted Escapade (Rome-Athens) and LOVED every minute of it. We have sailed 7X on other lines and this was hands down the best experience. Will definately book another Oceania cruise!!!!

We loved the level of service, friendlieness of crew & fellow passengers, cleanliness (Gusti kept our room sparkling), and food (choices and taste). The Tappas buffet had excellent service and management that ensured satisfaction every time we dined there (Hi Jaime). We sampled all of the other dining venues and enjoyed each one but favored the relaxed atmosphere of the Tappas the best.

We sailed October 20th and had perfect weather (mid 70's every day with only one rainy afternoon). We booked several private tours with 3-4 other couples and were very happy with them also (RomeinLimo for Rome, Vatican, & Florence, DriveAmalfi for Amalfi, DreamTours for Monaco, Athens Taxi for Athens tour & transfer).

Oceania offers a great product.... book it and don't worry about a thing. It's worth the extra money :D

Glad you enjoyed your trip and Oceania. We too took our first Oceania cruise this fall, Istanbul to Athens, on Nautica, an excellent Aegean Adventure in September. It also was our first-ever cruise (unless you count my rocky overnight ferry last summer with my sister from Oslo to Stockholm), so I guess I am spoiled for any other line!

My cruise review was posted yesterday, but it is so long that I put it in the member's review section. (However, topics are clearly marked, so maybe it will be read; hope springs eternal!) The link is:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=48450.

Archived