Guarantee question

I changed our original cabin to a guarantee to get the savings. We have made our final payment and now I am just waiting for our cabin assignment. I am about to go crazy waiting.

How long before we get our assignment? Will it speed things along if I call RCI? How am I supposed to take my mind off of this and stop checking my online revervation 100 times a day??????

:eek:

Calling RCI wont help. Your cabin can be assigned at anytime; right up to when you check-in. I would think it will be assigned with in the next couple of weeks. Our guarantee was assigned a week back for our Freedom cruise; so it can happen ay anytime.

My experience is that it can either happen very quickly or very slowly, and it probably depends on how the ship is filling up, and what the projections are for selling cabins in various categories. As to taking your mind off of it, you know that you are guaranteed a cabin in the category you paid for, but remember that it's always possible that you could get lucky and get something better. I think that, in part, depends on how many cruise credits you have on Royal Caribbean, and how many people need cabins assigned that have more cruise credits than you do.

Think of it as having a winning lottery ticket. You're already guaranteed to be a winner, because you get to go on a Royal Caribbean cruise, but you could hit the jackpot and be upgraded.

Have a great trip.

Alan

You booked a gty because you really don't care WHERE your cabin is--even if it is cheaper. And, once they assign your cabin, they can change it again! Hopefully, you'll get better than what you paid for...but it may be that you get only what you said you'd take. Relax!

Calling won't help--they will assign it when they have something for you.

Think of it as having a winning lottery ticket. You're already guaranteed to be a winner, because you get to go on a Royal Caribbean cruise, but you could hit the jackpot and be upgraded.

Have a great trip.

Alan

Thanks for the happy reminder. I am going on a cruise.....Yippeeee! And I will be happy with whatever cabin I get because I know it will be a balcony...my first. And I got it at an awsome savings!!!!! TRIPLE CROWN!!!

Archived