At Sea on the Norgwegian Sea

ColoradoLad

Hi!

Cancun canceleld due to high seas: swells: seems that is about three of every four cruises as of late. They should look elsewhere?

Roatan on Tuesday was a hoot: ship lost power (electrical) at about

6 pm.....delayed sailing till 9pm but arrived Belieze as scheduled.

Elevators did work. Via back-up generators. Comp rum punch and dinning extended until late evening. Always have a small flashlight as the cabins were dark!

I'll be back next Monday on line but will look for messages

Joe

:p

The power loss tuesday at Roatan was fun! Everyone on deck eating BBQ and drinking rum punch and in a party mood.

My group was the last to arrive at the dock after dark and when we noticed the ship was "dark" we stayed on the dock for a while as it was hot inside the ship without out air conditioning, etc.

Weather has been a bit chopping since Cancun but everyone is making the best of inside activities. Some areas of the decks are roped off due to high winds and blowing salt spray. The ships pools are showing white caps, a few folks

are bearly getting back to their cabins, "bonnie" sales are brisk!

Pasta Cafe was nice but avoid the clams and pasta (vongole) as they put something like cheeze wiz in it:confused: BBQ as always great on deck late afternoon, early evenings, doing Le Bristo tonight it has a $15 surcharge and $20 if one gets the "surf and turf" which is great! worth every cent.

The popcorn movie was Pirates of The Caribbean for the Cancun afternoon,

Owners Suite is a joke: lots of room but over the Caberet show area: so loud from 7 to 11 pm, but only room that is comfortable for my wheelchair, besides gotta go now time is almost up on the internet plan I use on the ship!

Talk to you this Monday!

ColoradoLad

I loved the BBQ also. Did you have the roasted pork? It was great, it almost melted in the mouth. Sorry about the noise in the Owner's Suite. That must have been very inconvenient, but I guess a few gin and tonics would have helped the mood?

Vette

:p

The power loss tuesday at Roatan was fun! Everyone on deck eating BBQ and drinking rum punch and in a party mood.

My group was the last to arrive at the dock after dark and when we noticed the ship was "dark" we stayed on the dock for a while as it was hot inside the ship without out air conditioning, etc.

Weather has been a bit chopping since Cancun but everyone is making the best of inside activities. Some areas of the decks are roped off due to high winds and blowing salt spray. The ships pools are showing white caps, a few folks

are bearly getting back to their cabins, "bonnie" sales are brisk!

Pasta Cafe was nice but avoid the clams and pasta (vongole) as they put something like cheeze wiz in it:confused: BBQ as always great on deck late afternoon, early evenings, doing Le Bristo tonight it has a $15 surcharge and $20 if one gets the "surf and turf" which is great! worth every cent.

The popcorn movie was Pirates of The Caribbean for the Cancun afternoon,

Owners Suite is a joke: lots of room but over the Caberet show area: so loud from 7 to 11 pm, but only room that is comfortable for my wheelchair, besides gotta go now time is almost up on the internet plan I use on the ship!

Talk to you this Monday!

ColoradoLad

If nothing else you are having an adventure. We will advoid the Clams and pasta. I am surprized about the noise as it usually doesn't rise. You do seem to have a great attitude which I am sure will help make your cruise something to remember. We leave next Saturday. NMNita

Hi! New Mexico was in New mexico a couple hours ago on my last leg of the drive back to Pueblo, Colorado!

Milli and I will be posting a few "tibits" "mini-reviews" about different venues and events! Sort of a focused and fun format versus the narrative reviews.

I can be emailed at my yahoo cruise email

cruisingyeti@yahoo.com

Sort of the Yeti (Snowman) from Colorado

Topics:

Discover SCUBA on Roatan "Thumbs Up"

Culinary Factoids Do you really want to eat this or that?

"death by chocolate"

Helping the people of Roatan and Cozumel

Cozumel Sailing, fishing, etc!

Why we carry flashlights! (we be experienced and smart)

"Doc" Joe gets to meet the Norwegian Sea "Security" team!

The "Veterans meeting" was very touching (Some Iraq vets on board)

The Owners Suite facts and fantasy still fun!

Shane the Kiwi singer guitar at Gatsby's: developed a "cult" following! :)

It is a long way if all the way forward and food all the way aft if one uses a cane or a wheelchair........

Cozumel pharmacy prices: different at every place! Be advised!

Why I will always bring my own salad dressing!

Never tell anyone you are doing a 25th annversary! They will sing at your table! :eek:

Have fun! Relax, be Happy!

Colorado

now I face PTWS

Post Traumatic Cruise Withdrawl Syndrome

will draw a bath and float with something with rum in it!

Hi Coloradolad,

Glad to hear you are back, safe and sound. Your topics above sound very interesting, especially the one about meeting the Security staff. Can't wait to hear that one.

How did your CC meeting go. Was everyone there. Did you have everything for the Bloody Mary"s?

Vette

After a few hours when all my bags had not arrived my wife suggest I go to security at Deck One to claim my bag. It was full of medical supplies for Roatan.

I showed the officer my invoice of items and the article at issue was a set of four IV Solutions in bags (Sodium Chloride 0.9%). I explained that it would be tragic to cut into each bottle and deny children life saving medications. Besides I was in Cabin 6001 and had four comp bottles of booze from the ship in my suite. He asked what the solution was: "salt water, Sir". He smiled and I walked off bag in tow.

The stop at Roatan also has Security reviewing the items, checking with the front desk that I had filled out some form to note I was taking baggage off.

He said that "Roatan Customs" had rulles and I got to use my line "Mister Joe Solomon, Director of Police for Roatan, knows that I have this material for the clinic and hospital". The uniformed offcer, wrote some notes and said "go", so we wheeled off four bags on wheels. The comp rum I had for Mister Solomon would have to stay in the cabin. Next trip I'll bring Joe a new holster and some police equipment.

The NCL "Booze Patrol" was fun to watch as people had to drink items and have all liquids smelled, one poor lady had to taste her salad dressing or something with vinegar in it. Would be funny but I wheeled on the ship around the x-Ray with a 25 pound backpack on my wheelchair and my cane not inspected. I hear they inspected canes if one walked on the ship.

As to the bloody mary events: hardly no takers, gave the gin and mixers to some young soldiers (women, men) and they said they could accomplish much

with the gin. I was "sick" the days after Cozumel and Rotan: overexertion!

The few hundred pounds of supplies will hardly make a dent in Roatan's medical needs.

ColoradoLad

I'm glad that you gave the gin to the soldiers. I bet they had fun with it!

So happy that you were able to get all those supplies to Roatan. It is a wonderful little island and they need that stuff so desperately.

Vette

Archived