Morningstar Beach

das1727

Morningstar is part of the Marriott Frenchman's Reef. Chairs and pool area are reserved for hotel guests. But when we stayed there on a land-based vacation we did not see anyone checking, nor were all chairs ever taken.

There's a beach bar on Morningstar called Coco Joe's which is not too bad. It's nothing fancy -- just a nice beach bar. There's a restaurant on the far end of the beach too, which is very expen$ive. We ate there one night and went :eek::eek::eek: when we got our menus.

The water has small waves and a fairly sandy bottom. To me it wasn't much different from the beaches up in NJ during high tide on a day when the water was calm.

we wasted $80 in taxi fare (for 5 of us) to go there because we were told the kids could rent jet skis there. There were no beach chairs available for rent (10 AM). The water was rough with some rocks. Staff weren't hospitable at all and we didn't feel welcome to stay. We got a cab again and went to Emerald Beach Resort at the Best Western and had an absolutely wonderful day of R&R with a quiet bay, sandy beach and water, good bar and food, and friendly welcoming staff.

Thanks for the information , It would of bummer to get there and find no chair rentals and watersports. My son likes to skim board and heard Morningstar was a good beach for that, but I want facilities too. Thanks again

There are chairs at Morningstar: $25 for non guest (2 chairs + umbrella). The beach is usually not crowded, but if the hotels were full then it’s possible all the chairs might be occupied by guests or the chair attendants might be told not to rent chairs to non-guests to insure the hotel guests have chairs. Again the beach isn't usually crowded but there are two resorts and a Marriott timeshare next door. Food/drink is available at resort restaurant. There are restrooms. There is a water sports booth; it has kayaks, paddleboats, it usually has jet skis but it is guided/tour and to drive you have to be 16+ with driver’s license. Not sure if they rent skim boards. The water at Morningstar usually has a bit of wave action and while the shore is sandy in the water it’s sandy/pebbly.

--Islander

Don't get me wrong, they had chairs but they were all occupied and the girl posted by the beach couldn't guarantee she could find any, nor did she make any effort to look; it was like we were disturbing her. The jet skis were $150 for one person and it was guided; we rented one for 1/2 hr in St Kitts for $40 for 2 people (Morningstar were single occupants). The woman at the desk in the lobby was downright snotty and wouldn't even answer my questions because we weren't guests at the Marriott. There is a nice outdoor bar/restaurant

Archived