Transfer or Taxi?

Is it less expensive to take a cab from the airport to the cruise port? I am not to experienced using cabs, but $30 for 2 miles with a transfer?:eek:

We will be arriving in Fort Lauderdale and going about 2 miles to Port Everglades. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Is it less expensive to take a cab from the airport to the cruise port? I am not to experienced using cabs, but $30 for 2 miles with a transfer?:eek:

We will be arriving in Fort Lauderdale and going about 2 miles to Port Everglades. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I always check the prices for a cruise transfer, taxi, and Prime Time Shuttle (or other van companies).

It really depends on what airport and what port you are going to. Usually the Prime Time type shuttle is cheapest but sometimes a taxi is cheaper and some times the cruise ship transfer is cheaper.

We recently did a cruise out of Miami and flew into FLL. A taxi was the most expensive. The Carnival transfer was about $3 more than a Prime Time Shuttle so we went with Carnival. We also recently went on a cruise out of Tampa and the taxi was the cheapest way to get from the airport to the cruise terminal.

In your case, if you are going from FLL to the cruise terminal in Ft Lauderdale, I would guess the taxi would be the cheapest. A taxi will also be the quickest. I would recommend you do some internet searches to see what the actual prices are.

Here is a link to transportation at the Broward County Airport

http://www.broward.org/airport/parking_transportation.htm

Here is some info on taxis at the FLL airport

Yellow Cab taxis are available on demand around the clock at the Airport. Please check in at the Transportation Podium located outside the baggage area on the lower level at the curb of each terminal. Rate comparison charts are posted at each podium. Cabs may accept up to five people for the fare stated on the taxi's meters.

Another totally different option that sometimes works out to be cheaper is to rent a car that has a drop off spot near the cruise terminal.

Mark

We taxied in both directions from FLL to the ship and on return...not only more comfortable, but you don't wait for other passengers. AND, when you get to the dock, you aren't one of 40 something passengers arriving at the same time. It's a much more enjoyable start to a cruise. As for the return...it's so much easier to get your luggage and walk over to a cabbie. By the time you get to the airport, the folks taking the shuttle will still be waiting for the bus to have a full load. AND, the price was definitely better, even with the tip.

ENJOY and HAVE FUN!!

We'll be there again this December.

Thanks everyone, I'm glad I saved the $60 transfer fee. Even if it costs a little less will be helpful, plus more relaxing. Taxies are not the norm here on our farm. I mean if the car breaks down you take the tractor!!;)

peg3632, I did do that trip once by private shuttle. It was a lot cheaper. I don't remember the shuttle company, but goggle "lax shuttle" and it will give you alot of options to look at. We had a town car, which is not the norm for us, but it was such a good deal! $206! Holy cow, I could think of better ways to spend that.......:D

Looking for suggestions for transfers from people flying into Orlando and sailing out of port canaveral. Have you found renting a car to be best? Taking a taxi? Taking a limo? Any help would be great! Thanks! T-minus 27 days until our cruise on the Monarch of the Seas - December 15-19, 2008!

Archived