Grand Princess - Lido Deck

mjlafarr

We are set to go on the Grand on February 19th. We received our cabin assignment on the Lido Deck. It looks like a small area, with much of the deck dedicated to pools and non-living space. Has anyone been on that floor? Is it quiet?

Thanks!

MJ in Boston

We were on the Lide deck on the Golden Princess, and it was GREAT! We enjoyed it so much that we have the Lido deck reserved for our Alaskan cruise this May on the Diamond..It is easy to go to the pools...the buffet is a short walk..making it easy to get a snack for the balcony which is private and wonderful...truly cannot think of one negative thing about this deck..Perfect location and can't wait to experience it again in May...

I have been on Sapphire with nearly identical layout and when I walked through there was very little foot traffic in the area. Although it was near the large outdoor pool, people rarely entered the area. I would definately consider booking there. The only cabins I have heard complaints about are the cabins directly under the gym or aerobics rooms early in the morning.

We had an inside on the Lido deck and also loved the location!

We had no problems with noise and loved being able to quickly run back to the cabin if we forgot something.

Hi Coral. May I ask what cabin you had on the Lido for future reference? I like the area, but want a guaranteed quiet cabin.

Our cabin was in the Lido deck around the front - I believe the 2nd or 3rd last cabin from the front. It was DIRECTLY below the aerobics gym.

I admit I was very concerned at first, especially the first morning when we heard "thump thump thump....." and the muffled shouting of the instructor.

Turns out the class started at 8 am each morning (no earlier) and we were either awake already, or we appreciated the wake up call.

So a possible problem did not bother us whatsoever..

Otherwise, that section was relatively quiet.

We are just off the Star and we had L254.. Never heard any noise from the Spa or from people around the pool even standing on the balcony. We were about 6 cabins from the door to the pool area and just steps from the stairs and elevators. It was a great room.....Dennis

these are the last 3 cabins before the stairs and elevator. Traveling with an elderly parent and her friend who is slightly impared but wants to remein independent. I thought these cabins would mean less walking for them. Still worry about noise though light sleepers.

We Leave In 2 Weeks, Booked Inside Lido. We Thought It Would Be A Great Location, But Now I Know It Is Going To Be Great. Even Though We Have Inside We Stated No Upgrade. Does Anyone Know If Cat Cc Has The Floor To Ceiling Windows Like On The Grand?(outside Cabin)

My first cruise was aboard the Grand in cabin L254. I don't recall having any problem with noise in the cabin. There are heavy doors between the passenger cabin area and the public areas (pools, grills, etc.) to keep the noise of the public areas out in the public areas!

Archived