Upgrade at the port?

919Florida

Hi everyone,

I am getting ready to sail on an upcoming Carnival Glory cruise. I was wondering if when you check in at the port for your cruise if it is possible to ask for an upgrade for your room. I don't need a free one but was just wondering if they offer discount upgrades. I was checking for my upcoming cruise how much it would be to upgrade to a suite and it is around $2000. Was hoping for something less.

Thank you

Your chances of upgrading at the Cruise Terminal are very poor. Several days prior, however, you might check the prices/availability on the web site and/or call PVP and ask if any deals on unsold cabins (again, not too likely). ken

Oh man, you brought back memories of being able to do this just about every single time I sailed. It was part of the fun of cruising, getting to the port very early, looking for the "past guest" line and asking for your upgrade. How exciting that used to be! Kind of like waiting to see what the sex of the baby is on the day it is born rather than 4 months ahead of time! Alas, those days of upgrades at the port are gone. :(

Hi everyone,

I am getting ready to sail on an upcoming Carnival Glory cruise. I was wondering if when you check in at the port for your cruise if it is possible to ask for an upgrade for your room. I don't need a free one but was just wondering if they offer discount upgrades. I was checking for my upcoming cruise how much it would be to upgrade to a suite and it is around $2000. Was hoping for something less.

Thank you

I know you found the info, but here is Carnivals rule and link to it.

Quote:

Upgrade Information

Opportunities to purchase an upgrade in your accommodations are available prior to the sailing date, subject to availability. Regrettably, we cannot accommodate requests for upgrades on the day of sailing because we sail full.

Link: http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Upgrade_Information.aspx

For every cruise we've been on, there has been a sign at the checkin counter, saying that the cruise is full and that cabin upgrades are not possible.

That said, it is my understanding that, on the rare occasions that a ship is NOT full, upgrades are offered at the full rack rate only. That means if the rack rate difference in fare between the cabin you have and the cabin you want is $400 pp, then that is what you will pay. No discounts.

Moral: if you want an upgrade, call now and buy one. You will have more choices and you may (repeat May) get a discount on the upgrade.

Paul

Archived