Comfort suites room for Atlantis access question

beccadoby

I booked a room for our Dec. cruise just so we can have access to the Atlantis waterpark area.

For those of you that have done this before, what is the earliest you have shown up at Comfort suites? I know the rooms will not be ready that morning but I just want to know how ealry we can get our wristbands.

Last thing, has anyone actually checked in/out at the same time?

We are very excited about going next month. We are taking our 3 kids and 3 grandkids. The kids know we are cruising and going to Atlantis, but the grandkids do not. I can not wait to see their faces when we pull into the port and then when we walk to Atlantis - they love Disney water park so I am hoping this is equal or better! lol

Will let you all know when we return.

We are very excited about going next month. We are taking our 3 kids and 3 grandkids. The kids know we are cruising and going to Atlantis, but the grandkids do not. I can not wait to see their faces when we pull into the port and then when we walk to Atlantis - they love Disney water park so I am hoping this is equal or better! lol

Will let you all know when we return.

I'm sure your grandkids will have a good time, but this waterpark is not equal or better than Disney. There are only a couple of slides and the current/lazy river. It's not like a real waterpark that you'd find in the states.

Also, there's height restrictions for most of the slides, Kids have to be 48 inches tall to use them. Check out the website for details.

Atlantis is not at all like Blizzard Beach.

What would you suggest to do with three kids ages 8, 9, and 14? I don't want to go to a beach - as they have great beaches in Palm Bay, FL.

Personally walking around Nassau is not fun - as I have done that several times also.

Thanks for all your help - I enjoy reading all your comments!

Have a great day!

What would you suggest to do with three kids ages 8, 9, and 14? I don't want to go to a beach - as they have great beaches in Palm Bay, FL.

Personally walking around Nassau is not fun - as I have done that several times also.

Thanks for all your help - I enjoy reading all your comments!

Have a great day!

i'm not saying not to go to atlantis. just don't expect it to be like a US waterpark. I think it's outrageous to pay $105pp for this type of thing, when you can go to the Blizzard beach for $38.

Why not try a snorkeling tour?

www.flyingcloud.info

www.Seahorsesailingadventures.com,

or even

www.dolphinencoutners.com

Better bang for the buck, and you get to experience the bahamas, not a vegas theme park.

Just my 2 cents.

Dorothy - you have been in Nassau too long ! lol

Blizzard cheap cheapest ticket is $80.00 a day!

I went through Comfort Suites and the room is costing us about $60.00 each - - I know I have to add some fee and taxes to this - but this is about the same.

If you book at Comfort Suites you have full access to Atlantis. You can easily spend the entire day at the water park. The feel of Atlantis is very different from a US water park but that doesn't mean it's in any way limited. I would put the Atlantis lazy river up against any lazy river in the world. You can stay on the lazy river and it will take you directly to various slides and chutes (as well as a great wave machine). There are more than a "couple" of slides at Atlantis. If anyone went on only 3-5 slides they didn't see the entire park.

If you've had your fill of the water rides and still have time you can tour the "digs" (basically a cool aquarium). Or, go to the Atlantis beach.

Donna,

You will be going right before we do. Please come back and tell me how it was. I see you are sailing the Imagination. We just sailed her the end of Aug. and it was great. Your grandkids will love the new slides!

We are excited about the Atlantis waterpark. It might be for some people and might not be for others. For my DD and myself, it is for us. DD gets so excited looking at pics. She is a true "waterbaby".

I have been to Atlantis before and saw the waterpark area and its enough to keep us very happy for 6 hours (thats about the amount of time we will have at Atlantis).

I paid $150 including taxes for our room at CS. Thats awesome compared to paying the aquaadventure excursion price of $138 PER PERSON! :eek:

beccadoby - Will be happy to post when we return.

WE got 2 rooms at Comfort Suites. I am paying for 5 adults and 3 kids - so this was the cheapest way for us to go. I know we will have a good time. I have been to nassau a number of times - and this seemed like the best tour for our family. They have never been and love anything to do with water.

27 days and counting!

I booked a room for our Dec. cruise just so we can have access to the Atlantis waterpark area.

For those of you that have done this before, what is the earliest you have shown up at Comfort suites? I know the rooms will not be ready that morning but I just want to know how ealry we can get our wristbands.

Last thing, has anyone actually checked in/out at the same time?

Last time we were there we got to Comfort Suites about 9am. We also checked in and out at the same time. It just saves time, not having to go back to the hotel to check out.

Laura

is there still a link to get a discount on booking at cs

The last time we were there we used the golf discount on cs website. I even printed out the golf discount page so if anyone asked me if I belonged I would have all the paperwork. Of course no one asked.

Laura

last Tuesday I checked into Comfort Suites and I checked out the same time, the check in person laughed when I did that. He is like yeah I know what you are doing.

We walked to Atlantis and through the aquarium onto Aquaadventure, We didn't actually get into the water until nearly 11 a.m. as we were sight seeing the whole way but it was so worth it. We loved it.

My son who is 11 and said he would never went on Leap of Faith, but he did, I think they heard him scream back here in PA.

WE LOVED IT. glad we did it.

Sounds good,

all along I have been thinking that it just seems "rude" to say

ok, Im here at 9am, now give my my arm bands ....:o not that I would say it like that.

I would like to go up and look at the room. I wish we were in Nassau longer, it would be nice to use the room to shower before going back to the ship.

But, we are only in Nasssau 8am - 6pm this time. So I think check in and out at the same time will be the best for us.

Hi Everyone, I'm planning to do the same thing this December and my boyfriend and I are thinking of splitting with another pair from our cruise...

Can anyone who has done it before tell me if they've had to pay the extra electricity and housekeeping surcharges?

Hi Everyone, I'm planning to do the same thing this December and my boyfriend and I are thinking of splitting with another pair from our cruise...

Can anyone who has done it before tell me if they've had to pay the extra electricity and housekeeping surcharges?

The quote you have is for 2 ppl and probably does not include the 12% resort tax, surcharges and Mandatory gratuities that are associated with the room (see the website for details).

If you add additional adults, you pay $40pp plus all the taxes, surcharges and Gratuities that go with it.

The CS website gives you all the details that you will need.

BTW.. all guest must show up at the CS desk and towel Hut . You can't just pick up bracelets and give them to your friends.

Archived