Transfer from Miami Airport

Wansbrough

We are flying into Miami airport from the UK and need to transfer to Fort Lauderdale for a couple of nights stay at a hotel prior to cruising.

I need a method of getting from A to B which is not too expensive so can anyone recommend anything or indeed someone and also how much should I expect to pay?

You might try ridesas.com, he's had some trouble recently with his website but you can get his (Steve's) email add. there.

Standard shuttle fare from MIA to Ft. L. hotels appears to be $15 pp....we felt it advisable to offer to pay up to $30 pp for DW and self, in case he couldn't line up another couple at the time we want to go, but still cheaper than the $75 or so of which I read, for a cab.

Kman

You might try ridesas.com, he's had some trouble recently with his website but you can get his (Steve's) email add. there.

Standard shuttle fare from MIA to Ft. L. hotels appears to be $15 pp....we felt it advisable to offer to pay up to $30 pp for DW and self, in case he couldn't line up another couple at the time we want to go, but still cheaper than the $75 or so of which I read, for a cab.

Kman

Many thanks kman48, will drop him a line.

There's also a Supershuttle you can get - it's a shared van ride. I checked a month or so ago and it was $62 for two from MIA to a hotel very close to Ft. Lauderdale Airport. But heard recently that Taxis and transport companies have recently dropped their fuel surcharges so hopefully will be less. They charge per person so if you have more people, it would probably be cheaper to book a car service. The down side is it may take longer if there are several parties to drop off.

It would maybe be less to rent a car but I don't want the hassel of driving there on a Saturday night.

Taxi may be $75 about and the charge is for the trip not per person.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike...... try looking at this one. http://www.southfloridatransportation.com/

Saw an excellent recommentaion on one of the threads where they meet you in baggage hall and pick your bags up and took you to your destination. Said to be very high standard. Get a quote anyway,

Paul

Archived