3 adults in a cabin, using sofabed..

bnsilly

There will be 3 adults in our cabin..I was hoping they had the pull out upper, but instead for the category we are looking at they just use the sofa bed for the 3rd person..I was just wondering how well this worked out if you have done it. Seems like it will completely take up the cabin, although we will only have it made at night..

I slept on the sofa bed on my last cruise and was fine with it. We had 3 in our cabin and on day 1 the steward turned the sofa into a bed and that is the way it stayed the entire cruise. They always made it up in the morning and turned it down at night. Believe it or not we always had enough room. I am not sure if it was because we had a 8A but it was never crowded for the 3 of us.

I think I may be confused..

Does it pull out like a traditional sofa bed, or does it stay like it is in the shape of a couch and just get a little longer? Just wondered if it is hard to maneuver around when it is made out?

I think I may be confused..

Does it pull out like a traditional sofa bed, or does it stay like it is in the shape of a couch and just get a little longer? Just wondered if it is hard to maneuver around when it is made out?

Its already the same length as a twin bed.

I've had 3 in a cabin twice. Once with the bed pulled out from the ceiling and one with the sofa bed.

I much prefer the sofa bed. Nothing to bang you head on at night and less work for the steward.

He left the sofa made into a bed during the day and it was no problem at all.

Here's a couple of pictures for you....

Couchmadeupasbed.jpg

Cabin7396.jpg

KenMo Thanks for the pictures. 3 of us are going on the Legend with a sofa bed in March. last time we had the upper and used the couch to store things, so the sofa bed setup may give us less room but I like the idea of it not being over my head and my sister not having to climb the ladder.

They come in and take the cushions off the sofa and put a carnival mattress on it and it stays the bed. It doesn't actually pull out. we had it last time and it was cool.

Gee, they've never put any mattress on ours. Just pull the back cushions off, put on the sheets and there you have it. Still quite comfy though if you like a firm feel.

I've had 3 in a cabin twice. Once with the bed pulled out from the ceiling and one with the sofa bed.

I much prefer the sofa bed. Nothing to bang you head on at night and less work for the steward.

He left the sofa made into a bed during the day and it was no problem at all.

Here's a couple of pictures for you....

Couchmadeupasbed.jpg

Cabin7396.jpg

Awesome pic's..... DW & I are taking my my on her 1st cruise in Feb 09. We booked a OV for 3 persons. This gives us a idea on what our cabin will be like.

On my last cruise, we were supposed to be three in a Cat 11. The sofa bed was made up when we first arrived at the room (very comfy). Unfortunately, My mother was unable to go at the last minute. We advised the steward, and she had the sofa returned to normal. We noticed, however, that the "leather" covering on the bed was more of an elastic slipcover. It hadn't been pulled all the way over the mattress in one section, and we could see that there were sheets under there. I don't know if all the couches work this way, but I thought it was interesting. Either way, I thought the couch, when made up, was more comfortable than the bed.

Archived