PB Tom I have a ? for you

MrsH41704

I have eaten at, and make a point to eat at little roadside/sidewalk cafes in Mexico and other Caribbean Islands I have visited. Nothing can beat the pinchos in Puerto Rico (which are rumored to be dog, but aren't. They are beef and pork shishkabobs) or the sidewalk tacos of Mexico. I have never gotten sick from them. The water on the other hand is a different story. It would be wise not to drink the water from public systems in Mexico, Many private businesses have their own water systems that are reported to be safe, but I don't trust 'em. Make sure the ice you get in your drinks is commercially prepared, or it will be just like drinking the unsafe water. I may be wrong, and Cozumel may have a completely safe water system, but I doubt it. The locals could fill us in on that matter. But, please, please don't miss out on the wonderful food due to fear. Just use common sense, about the looks/smell of the place you are eating at and everything will be fine.

Yes, the food is safe to eat at Paradise Beach as it is in just about every other place here. Cozumel relies nearly 100% on tourism. The last thing they want to do is scare tourists away with unsafe health risks. The water and ice is also purified and safe. I have never gotten sick from food or water here. And I love "street" food...the little carts and taco stands on the corners.

I do see people with Montazuma symptoms and blame it on the food/water. I will warn you about eating too much spicy/unfamiliar food, drinking too much alcohol and not drinking enough water and getting dehydrated. All of these have very similiar symptoms to Montazumas. Not many people here use faucet water though. And don't worry, the water you will find in any restaraunt/bar is the good kind not faucet kind.

Thank you soooooo much. I will be out at PB on the 17th if I am not working...more info on that later. But if I'm can't, I'm sure Tom won't mind holding it for me. Let me know what I owe you and I will give to Tom. Thank you again!!!

Lets see, 10 pudding and 5 Ghetti o's=$10.00.,Shipping and handling=$650.00 :eek: should cover it. :D

Ok...(deep breath)...I feel somewhat better! Thanks! I have to watch my diet, so no getting dehydrated or eating too many wierd foods for me. Makes things sorta "safe", doesn't it!

My sister said that last time she went to Mexico she was sick for 3 weeks. She totally has me paranoid (but, on the up-side of that, I would lose some weight).

I don't know if anyone has asked or not (hope not). How expensive are the meals? And how expensive are the drinks (especially the one in the pineapple)?

EDIT:

I found the website with the prices and everything!! This is working out perfectly! Thanks for all the help!

Volman...lol! I think I´ll just start asking for a projector....much easier to carry off the ship!!

We accept MC, Visa, travellers cheques, USD and Mexican Pesos. See ya soon!

newcruisers04...Forget the milk!!.... if you can swing it, a couple of cans of LABATTS CLASSIC would be a taste treat like NO other! Thanx!

here´s a recent post about what the kids need:

Paradise Beach is a drop off location for donations to the Cozumel Chrysalis Group. This group of volunteers currently supports over 250 students in Cozumel, who come from less privileged families. This support is in the form of school uniforms, shoes and school supplies. Chrysalis stockpiles donations all year for ditribution in August at the start of the school year. At this point, supplies needed include:

Geometry Sets

Scientific (not basic) calculators

Packs of 12-16 colored pencils

Individual pencil sharpeners

Round point scissors

Ink Erasers (the white kind)

New and slightly used backpacks

Many, many thanks to all!

Sally

Barefoot in Cozumel

I´m getting lots of stuff and I´m passing it on about every 10 days or so. Got a load of stuff today, thanx everyone, your generosity is touching!!

Snorkelling and dive trips are available right next door with Patrick, Dive Instructor/owner of Cozumel Water Sports. They don´t have a website, so ya might want to invest a couple of bucks on a phone call. From Canada/USA dial 011 52 987 876 1414. See you in Dec!

Buckeye Geo... Cool! Thanx so much for spoiling me, I´m sure that I can arrange perfect weather in return. How hard could that be;)? Hasta pronto!

Seven...thanks for answering!

zakity...yes the food is safe to eat here. How come? ´Cause it´s good for repeat business! Also, we use purified ice and water for everything, and after a year of being open, you surely would have seen something posted if we made people sick! If you´re really feeling paranoid, order the burger. It´s Certified Black Angus from the US of A!

Have a great vacation!

Thanks for all the info. I am totally comfortable with everything. I can't wait to sit on the beach, look at the water, have a drink in a pineapple (and if they come with an umbrella, even better!), and wait my turn for the person doing the massages.

I can't wait to try the guacomole! Everyone keeps saying that it is to die for.

PS: I think I know why it is named "Paradise"!

zakity...our pineapples come highly decorated, umbrellas, flowers etc. make sure you bring your camara! Hasta la vista!

ustoo...Glad you had a great day with us...and hope you'll pay us a return visit! You're right about the parasailing, they only accept cash. We have an arrangement with Patrick (jet ski, banana boat, windsurf, dive guy next door) where we'll accept credit card payment at our main bar for his watertoys. So basically anything BUT parasail can be paid with VISA or MC...hasta la vista!

Solita, Sorry, I was in Coz with the pudding and gettios, but the other couple wanted to do the Dune Buggy ride. We didn't get to PB with the items and I didn't know how to contact you to meet you at the dock and pass them on. I asked the Dune buggy guy if he knew how I could find Tom and he didn't know. I guess I will just have to bring them (fresh ones) again next year when our Valor Vampire group shows up, unless I can book another cruise before then.

Archived