I Need Help with Shore Excursions in South Carib on NCL!

Pianoman6582

My girlfriend and I are relatively new cruisers. In January we will be going on our fourth cruise overall, and our third "touring cruise." I differentiate because I think the seven day cruise to Bermuda with 3 days in port is a totally separate form of cruising--for most of it with no real time to be back at the boat (save the last afternoon). We've had three awesome cruises on the NCL Dawn. In January we get on the NCL Gem. We're going to St. Thomas, Antigua, Barbados, St. Maartin, & Tortola. Can anyone help me find the best shore excursions in terms of fun, not so much effort or exertion, and which ones feed you? Also, I know this sounds silly to all you seasoned cruisers who think nothing of hopping a cab to a beach or grabbing a local tour guide, but we like to stay with the Ship's Excursions. Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Piano Man: Waiting to feel free to whatever again!

I would recommend you shop for gold in St. Thomas or go to Trunk Bay. In Sint Maarten I recommend a taxi to Orient Beach if you want French culture and a fun scene. I prefer Grande Case for the lovely French bistros and the beach to chill. Find 1=1 if you use cash. In Antigua take a taxi to Nelson's Dockyard to see the area, have rum punch at Admiral's Inn and see the musuem. Stop at Pidgeon Beach for a swim and another punch at Bumpkins. Barbados, the caves are nice, Bathsheba Beach...the Earthworks Pottery?? I prefer recommending NON CRUISE shore excursions, but that's me.

Archived