A Suites

Thumper69

I traveled on Pride several years ago (last century) and loved it:D, but we had a suite on deck 6, which are now balcony suites. I am now looking at booking a transatlantic for my partners birthday gift. I would be booking an A suite. Are these suites only on deck 4 at the very bow of the ship and smaller? Whats the layout with suites 100 & 101? How many people usually travel on the Transatlantic cruises?

Anthony

Although the layouts for 100 and 101 are different they are actually very nice and extremely comfortable even if they are very far forward. The rest of the A suites are identical to all the others and the same size. You might want to consider A1 for the crossing since they are midship and the cost for a TA crossing is only minimally more. Nowadays the TA crossing sell out very quickly and people consider them one ling party.

Although the layouts for 100 and 101 are different they are actually very nice and extremely comfortable even if they are very far forward. The rest of the A suites are identical to all the others and the same size. You might want to consider A1 for the crossing since they are midship and the cost for a TA crossing is only minimally more. Nowadays the TA crossing sell out very quickly and people consider them one ling party.

We love the rock & roll of a ship,its one of the most enjoyable experiences of our cruises. We want to feel like we're on a Ship. Are the forward suites worth booking over the standard layout? Love trying something different.

One long party sounds great!!!!:D

Anthony

Thumper69,

It's really a matter of preference. Two main things differentiate 100 and 101 from the other suites. First, there is no walk-in closet, rather a row of closets much as found in most ship cabins. Second, the window is smaller and really only brightens the seating area. However, you get, imo, even more of a suite feel here. Something to note is that when Seabourn first appeared on the scene every suite on the ship (exceot owner's, classic and double) was priced the same. Of course, they had no French balconies at that time.

Anthony,

The window in those front 2 suites is quite a bit smaller than the other suites. Otherwise, I like the layout of them. Granny's photos really are informative (I especially like the one with the attendant discovering our Antipodean reporter :D).

Does anyone know if you can see the TV in those two suites whilst in bed?

Slightly off topic ... Granny, those Royal Caribbean drink prices are downright expensive! Do they serve the drinks in pint-sized glasses or do they just want everyone to stay very sober? That will make me appreciate the inclusion of potent beverages during my next Seabourn cruise even more.

johnny

During our last cruise on the Pride, I snuk into 101 and took some photos....I have just uploaded them so if you click on the photo link below you can see what it is like. Not very good pics but gives you an idea......

Hi,

Nice to see another Australian on the board. I'm from Sydney currently living in San Francisco.

Thank you very much for the images. It looks quite interesting from the other layout and I quite like it. Is the window big enough to make it not claustrophobic?

Anthony

I hadnt even noticed the attendant at the door!! :eek: Just as well I didnt give way to my urges and nick the champagne off the table eh! That was the day in Fort Lauderdal, after the South American cruise, and before the Trans Atlantic.....there were only about 6 guests onboard that day....all the suites had nice new bottles of bubbly but ours didnt! :( You can see the TV from the bed, but not from the couch, unless you twist your head at a funny angle.....have to sit in the single chairs.....

For the "off topic" subject.....there were a lot of things I missed about Seabourn while on the Rhapsody cruise....probably the most missed was "our" crew.....the Rhapsody ones have no training...couldnt believe some of the practices....scary observation though, was that not many of the passengers noticed....the majority thought they were fantastic.....the majority also thought the food was fantastic....guess we have just been spoiled.! I started a hornets nest over the drink prices on the RCI boards...also being talked about on the P & O boards....Granny is infamous!! If you think those drink prices are high....try paying for them with our Aussie dollars....(there were 1400 Aussies on board)....you need to almost double the costs.......looking forward to our next PRIDE cruise!

Anthony, the windows are smaller than in the other suites, but probably still bigger than what you would find on a lot of ships...not that I have been on a lot of ships, so what would I know! :p I think the main problem with 100 and 101, is that you would really have to enjoy the motion of the ocean...its right at the front so can get quite rough....I know hubby wouldnt be happy up there....:D:D

Granny,

What was the transatlantic like on a small ship? I'm still torn whether to request one of these suites or not. When I sailed on Pride we had a suite where they are now "balcony" suites so I wouldn't mind trying something else. Would you open the balcony doors much on a transatlantic or is it more an indoors cruise?

I see you are going on Sapphire, I'm booked for Jan 17 Mexican Riviera, which I am much looking forward to. I'm retiring in a month so now I'm

working on my (our) retirment holidays...............We have wanted to sail on Seabourn again since our first cruise on Pride many years ago but the opportunity has not arisen. Every other cruise we have taken since have not come close to Seabourn. Windstar has been the closest.

Anthony:D

I'm still torn whether to request one of these suites or not.

Hi Anthony - I've tried requesting one of those suites on many sailings including crossings and have always been told either - "already taken" or "Reserved for the guest lecturer" - my thoughts? Kick the lecturer out, I want it!! :D

Hi Anthony - I've tried requesting one of those suites on many sailings including crossings and have always been told either - "already taken" or "Reserved for the guest lecturer" - my thoughts? Kick the lecturer out, I want it!! :D

What do they want me to lecture?:D

Anthony

The "Sapphire" I am going on is just a little river boat...down the Rhine and Danube.....we leave in three days!!! :eek:

I have only been on one Trans Atlantic and it only got a "bit" rocky....but there are a few in here who do them all the time so can comment on the sea conditions!

Archived