Family Ocean View cabin

sciencemom45

I've stayed in 8181 a corner FV cabin. It was tremendous there were five of us and plenty of room. The veranda was incredible and we spent a lot of time on it. You could host a large cocktail party on it if you wanted to :D. Also lots of storage and with a corner FV you have a private hallway to store additional luggage if you need too. Sorry I have nothing negative to say about it, besides ruining it for me when I get a smaller veranda on any future cruises:).

I wish I could get this type of cabin on every ship! It was the best. The only thing that I missed were the CC perks of the full breakfast on the balcony and the nicer towels. You give and take...I would rather have the bigger room/balcony!

We've had two corner FV's and have never had a problem ordering/having a CC breakfast on the balcony (smoothies, parfaits, baked bananas etc everyday!!). The FV's are surrounded by CC's and the staff have never had a problem with us ordering from the CC breakfast menu.

I wish I could get this type of cabin on every ship! It was the best. The only thing that I missed were the CC perks of the full breakfast on the balcony and the nicer towels. You give and take...I would rather have the bigger room/balcony!

Ask your cabin steward for the nicer towels. I always do...and he even brought in a selection of colors for me to choose! The most they can say is no. And when ordering breakfast in your cabin, just write in your choices. Chances are they'll arrive for you.

If motion is of primary concern to you, then you may want to steer clear of any aft cabin. You will definitely get more motion all the way in the back of the ship.

I can already anticipate a number of folks responding to you that they stayed in an FV and didn't experience motion. But the key is that it all depends on the seas. IF there are some waves, then you definitely will feel more motion at the back of the ship than in the middle.

Sorry to sound a bit crabby about that, but I am prone to motion sickness and any time someone posts questions about motion, there will be a handful of people responding to tell you not to worry about it because their cruise was smooth. So once again, it all depends. But the laws of physics will tell you that there is more motion both front and aft, as compared to middle :)

Archived