Pacific Dawn Celebrates

OverTheTop

Anyone know what this might be? In the Sunday Telegraph paper today was a small ad saying Pacific Dawn Celebrates ~ Find out more in the exclusive supplement in next weeks Escape. Is it a sale, an advertorial? What do you think? Is it an anniversary?

Angela

It's 12 months since Pacific Dawn entered Australian service, so that's probably what it's celebrating. My guess is it'll be an advertorial, abit like the one we had in the Courier-Mail not long after Pacfic Sun came out of dry-dock.

It is our anniversary today. :)

One year today since the inaugural cruise left Sydney.

Check out the W735 roll call thread. We are all reminiscing on our first cruise on the Dawn.

I can't believe that it has gone so fast. :eek:

When I dropped off my son at the wharf on Friday there were balloons everywhere and a band playing in the terminal. Some dress up characters as well, and later in the afternoon well-dressed VIP's leaving the ship some carrying small PD cakes with 1 candle on them.

I also spied the ship's godmother Cathy Freeman outside when I was leaving.

Jenny

According to what I found on the net, there was - " a gala birthday luncheon on board Pacific Dawn to celebrate the first anniversary of the resident ship’s renaming ceremony.

Godmother Cathy Freeman was guest-of-honour.

To mark the occasion, the company presented Freeman with a cheque for A$22,139 for the Catherine Freeman Foundation that creates ‘learning and educational opportunities for young indigenous Australians.’ Over the past 12 months a total of A$65,000 has been donated to the foundation by the company and Pacific Dawn’s passengers and crew. Collection envelopes will now be placed in cabins aboard Pacific Dawn and Pacific Sun to further support Freeman’s cause. Other special guests were 20 travel agents from around New South Wales with birthdays between November 1-9 and the winners of readers’ contests in four local Sydney newspapers."

Archived