Cruise Documents

acpcruiser

Can anyone tell me how soon Hal sends out there paperwork. We are booked on the Veendam in early January but leave for Florida 3 weeks prior to the cruise just wondering where to have it mailed to or if we'll have it before we leave.

We have always gotten ours 6 to 7 weeks out. However, if you book HAL air they won't be sent until 4 weeks out, because the air isn't booked until 30 days out.

BUT - don't worry about getting them at all. There is nothing in there that you need if you Check-In OnLine and print the Signature Preferred Boarding Pass. Take that and your passport and you're on the ship. Luggage tags can be gotten from the porters at curbside.

I think it depends more upon when your TA sends them out to you. HAL most likely prints the docs out in two batches for each cruise (those with/without air) and sends them out to the TAs. Some TAs have been known for taking a while to verify they are correct before getting them out to their clients.

Generally, we get our 6 or so weeks out.

You can track your docs here: http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByRef.asp?nav=TrackByRef

Use your HAL booking number as the "Reference #".

I just heard on the news today that DHL and UPS have finally settled their deal that has been under discussion for about 5 months now, and beginning 2/1/09 (I think) DHL will no longer deliver domestically. So after that point we'll have to track via UPS, I guess. :)

I just heard on the news today that DHL and UPS have finally settled their deal that has been under discussion for about 5 months now, and beginning 2/1/09 (I think) DHL will no longer deliver domestically. So after that point we'll have to track via UPS, I guess. :)

Thanks for the update. I wasn't aware of the DHL/UPS deal ... but I did hear this morning that DHL is eliminating some 9000 jobs in the U.S.

We have always gotten ours 6 to 7 weeks out. However, if you book HAL air they won't be sent until 4 weeks out, because the air isn't booked until 30 days out.

BUT - don't worry about getting them at all. There is nothing in there that you need if you Check-In OnLine and print the Signature Preferred Boarding Pass. Take that and your passport and you're on the ship. Luggage tags can be gotten from the porters at curbside.

The online TA that I used cannot be reached via email or phone for the last two days. I talked to HAL and they informed me that the documents were sent to the agency and that I DO need them to board. They asked that I call back tomorrow on the chance that the agency is just closed for a few days due to the holiday. If I cannot get them I have to call HAL back and "work something out". Nice....

The online TA that I used cannot be reached via email or phone for the last two days. I talked to HAL and they informed me that the documents were sent to the agency and that I DO need them to board. They asked that I call back tomorrow on the chance that the agency is just closed for a few days due to the holiday. If I cannot get them I have to call HAL back and "work something out". Nice....

My TA didn't send them to us until 3 weeks out for this cruise... I am sure they will send them to you soon... looks like you have 31 days till sailing.

I talked to HAL and they informed me that the documents were sent to the agency and that I DO need them to board.
Yes, they will always tell you that. However, since they started the OnLine Check-In with credit card pre-registration, I have never been asked for anything but the boarding passes and passports.

The boarding pass is not strictly needed either. On one cruise my DD/DSiL couldn't find their boarding passes in her carry-on stuff. All they had to do is take one of the paper Immigration Questionnaire forms in the terminal and fill in their names and booking number - nothing else. Their OnLine registration was called up, and they were processed promptly.

I just spoke with HAL and they said they would have been notified of this company folding and that it was probably another TA that posted that blog that I referenced. She also said they are probably closed due to Vetrans' Day. So please disregard until we get further info. (I'm not convinced yet.)

I just spoke with HAL and they said they would have been notified of this company folding and that it was probably another TA that posted that blog that I referenced. She also said they are probably closed due to Vetrans' Day. So please disregard until we get further info. (I'm not convinced yet.)

I believe it. The web site is now a single page.

And the fee for reissuing docs is $50.00/pp. But I am on with HAL now and they are telling me I can pay $25.00 to get docs at the pier.

I believe it. The web site is now a single page.

And the fee for reissuing docs is $50.00/pp. But I am on with HAL now and they are telling me I can pay $25.00 to get docs at the pier.

It's a waste of money. You DON'T need them if you have checked in OnLine. You'll be kicking yourself at the pier if you spend the money.

Archived