Carnival Pride Kids Program

MOTHEROFONE

We are thinking of going on the Carnival Pride in May 2009. Can anyway tell me about Carnival kids camps. I haven't been on Carnival and this will actually be the first time my daughter will be able to use the kids programs. So I just wanted some info on the kids camp. I was also wondering if Carnival Pride had a kids pool or even a slide and if it does have a slide is there a height or age requirement. Thanks in Advance. ;)

The Camp Carnival pages are here...

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Camp%20Carnival%20Capers/?start=all

How old is your daughter? I can help you with the pool and slide info. There are usually two kinds of slides on Carnival. One is one that drops into the pool, that one is 48" height minimum. The one that doesn't drop into a pool is a 42" height minimum requirement.

If she is a toddler and isn't potty trained....then it won't matter because she won't be allowed in the pools. ;)

My daughter will be 3 and she has been potty trained. Thanks for the link to the pages. She loves slides i just don't know if she is tall enough. Thanks again.

I can tell you that my kids weren't. My oldest was 8 before she was finally tall enough to hit the 48" slide.

My youngest is 4.5 and she is still shorter than 42". :(

Don't forget to bring swimmies or a life vest for your daughter to swim in. It's hard to swim holding the kids cause the pool is as deep as I am tall. ;)

• 1 month later...

I am curious too about the program. I will have a 2 year old and a 4 year old. I love that the 2 year old can go into the camp. We are also looking into the May 2009 Pride cruises out of Baltimore.

Stephanie

Our kids have been on five Carnival Cruises and LOVE the Kids Programs!

The 2-5 program is great.

They have activities in half hour increments, and is scheduled that way. You can just look at the schedule and decide whether to leave your child there for the two or three hour block, or just have them attend specific activities!

We usually have our kids attend the entire morning session. At lunch time, we pick them up, eat lunch, and then my little one (who is now 3) and I have quiet time / nap time, while the boys go hang out with my husband and watch the pool activities such as Survivor etc.

At night, we take our kids to dinner with us, but there is an option of your kids having dinner with the Camp Staff. Then there are activities usually scheduled from 7-10PM.

Allison loved getting her face painted every day (bring baby wipes to wash it off!), loved the arts and crafts, loved the sing a longs etc.

Hope that helps!

Catrin

Archived