Oh No!

madelinerose

Karen it is easter weekend but not sure about spring break. We are also cruising this week but ita a two week cruise so maybe we wont have as many kids. But even when weve cruised during the summer months and with our kids we never saw alot of them running amuck

Thanks, psw....according to my 2006 calendar, Easter is on April 16, 2006.

Anyway, if I don't change the dates, maybe we'll meet onboard. ;)

Karen it is easter weekend but not sure about spring break. We are also cruising this week but ita a two week cruise so maybe we wont have as many kids. But even when weve cruised during the summer months and with our kids we never saw alot of them running amuck

I really can't comment on the spring breakers, but can on the room. We were in rooms 10588 and 10590 2 weeks ago, only about 9 doors down, and we would definitely rebook these rooms. The walk to the room from the elevator can seem long when walking back at night carrying sleeping children; but since we were centrally located, virtually no traffic problems. It was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. Also, since we ran into some rough seas, it really helped to be centrally located. Any questions, just ask. Have a great time.

twotommygirl,

Thanks. I had read lots of posts about how the cabins in this area can be really noisy due to the fact that the pool area is directly overhead. One poster stated that if there's a dj at the pool, you can hear the music all night.

Funny how things can change in a cabin from one cruise to another. ;)

I can't believe anyone could have heard noise from the pool area. Maybe people on the 11th floor, but our friends were on the 11th and never heard a thing. Our friends, however, were on the starboard side of the ship, and I think I prefer the views on that side while in port. Either way, you're going to love the ship. Best of luck with the spring break issue.

oops sorry I was thinking 05, we leave on easter in 05.:o

but glad to know I wont be cruising during easter two years in a row since our hawaii cruise in 06 starts 3/22.

We survived Thanksgiving week last year, you will survive Spring break, but it will be a bit more noisey. Anytime you book a cruise in March to the week after Easter you will be cruising with families, a 2 week cruise will make it less likely though. NMNita

We survived Thanksgiving week last year, you will survive Spring break, but it will be a bit more noisey. Anytime you book a cruise in March to the week after Easter you will be cruising with families, a 2 week cruise will make it less likely though. NMNita

I dont have a problem cruising with kids (at least no so far). I have never had a problem with all kinds of kids running wild when have cruised before and one year we cruised with a whole shipload of teenagers from south america on their spring break. Never saw them, well not often anyway. RCCL usually keeps them pretty occupied and since thats the line we are sailing in 05 I dont anticipate any problems..

our kids will be joing us in 06 but then they are 27 and 30 so I guess they dont count anymore. :D

Thanks, psw...I appreciate your comments, especially since you're a neighbor.;)

Anyway, I'm thinking about the spring breakers on the ship and in the ports, especially Jamaica.

I may change to the 2-12-06 cruise, then we can celebrate the big "V" day. DH's birthday is on 4-4 and we always go to NY for his birthday, so I thought the cruise would be a definite bonus. Oh well, it's not the end of the world, right? There are certainly more important things to worry about.

Had to laugh about the ages of your children comment. Hopefully, they don't fall into the "let's show our boobs and party 'til we pass out" category. :D

I always book online, but emailed my TA friend. Let's see what he suggests.

heatmiser - In 2006? Usually the drydock is just for a week unless major things have to be done. Since it's a new ship, maybe a week will be enough. So sorry you have to reschedule. What an inconvenience, huh? I hope your TA can get you what you want.

Thanks!

I dont think they are in that category, but then I am not with them 24-7.

DD (30) lives in Florida and works in one of two juvinile mental health corrections facilities. aka: juvy prison guard LOL.

DS (27) works for the army (civilian) and is married..

You also need to be careful what week you go in February. We accidentally went one week during Presidents Holiday. There were a ton of wild kids on board. Worst cruise I have ever had. I would suggest asking your TA and find out if it is a holiday time for kids. Since I do not have any children it makes cruising with kids rather difficult.

psw - Sounds like you have two very grounded children.

Juli - Thanks for the heads up. Presidents' Day is on Feb. 20 in 2006. I think that cruise would be safe.

I did discuss the issue briefly with DH last night (I do all the vacation planning) and he said he'd rather go in late March when it's a little warmer leaving from NY. I still have lots of time for changes, so I'm not stressing over it. :cool:

Have a good weekend.

Archived