Service Charge for Specialty Restaurants

lschnauz

Hi Everyone !

As I sit here at 12:35 AM cleaning up this thread, I'd like to remind a very few of us on this board..... that if you have nothing positive to say, refrain from the rude remarks. PLEASE don't give other members a difficult time. We should all be here to help each other and enjoy the discussion !

Let's be helpful and kind to our fellow members. Thank You !

you can make 2 reservations for the SR if you have a normal room. If you have a suite you can make 3. After a couple of days if you want to go more just try to get reservations. they just ask that you give $5 pp gratutity. they also have a tasting menu & a wine coupling menu I think $35/$50. We had a std veranda room and went 4 times. As I stated on another post the regular dining room in our opinion was just that "Regular". The two SR we off the charts! Buffet is way below average...Try to book as many nights as you can in the SR. As for service in the SR they pull different guys from the main dining room every night, except for a few regulars.

Hi Tory707 ... we were on Quest at the same time as you were on Journey ... and also enjoyed the SR's! We made a reservation for embarkation day...a nice way to start our cruise. We ate at them two other times, but since we enjoyed the food at all restaurants, and liked not being tied to a specific dining time, we ate many dinners in Discoveries and some at the buffet.

The quality of food in the buffet on Quest was quite good and on a few nights we chose to eat there so that we could dine out on the back deck... the meat at the carving station was always very good (esp. the prime rib that was often served at lunch time). We also enjoyed the the freshly prepared pasta and stir fries on other nights there. The salad bar had a good choice of items. With 4 dining venues each evening, there was never a problem being seated where and when we wanted ... I think Azamara has done a great job of their dining options and food choices/quality. :)

Yes their dining options are very good and not having to get dressed formally is very nice after walking 20 miles a day :) I have to say we are not big on buffet's. Like to be served on vacation, but I can see where you like the choice you get.

Archived