Snacks ?

Is it ok to bring some snacks on board? We are going to carry on one

backpack each. Thinking about going to Costco and getting some bags

of beef jerky and maybe some 20 oz. bottles of Pepsi or something like

that. Is this acceptable?

:cool:

You can bring your own soda onboard.You can bring snacks but there's really no need to.You can order all the food you want from room service 24 hours for free or eat at several places on the ship also free.There are also a lot of non alcoholic beverages for free.

We always bring some canned soda and snacks (small trail mix bags, granola bars, cereal bars) with us and they always get used. When you are in the middle of an excursion someplace, it is not always convenient to stop and get something. Whatever I have left at the end of the week, I always ask the room steward if they want it and they never say no.

I can see people bringing on their fav soda (Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, etc) but I don't think there is a need to bring snacks as a previous poster mentioned there is tons to eat on board.

If doing shore excursions, you could always go to the Windjammer and take along some fruit and cookies with you. The chocolate chip ones are yummy - wish I could have one now.

Speaking of chocolate make sure you pack some of those Hershey Swoops (not available where I live) as they are really good.

If worried about drinks for excursions, you can avoid some backpack weight and save the cost by bringing sports bottles. These can be filled with iced lemonaide/ tea/ water at the machines outside the Windjammer. Just bring them along when getting breakfast.

I like to grab a box of granola at breakfast time...there is usually some time of the day that you feel like eating but don't feel like leaving your room! I also always have a piece of fruit or two in the cabin from breakfast!

We bring drinks, but never snacks. My Mom does though and always goes home with them. She shares bags of "fish" and peanutbutter/cheese crackers with us, but I am never hungry enough to eat them with having the three huge meals served on the ship. We also leave them in the room for our steward. ;) A little unknown secret...the stewards set up little stores in the crew area and sell to each other at a great discount, so leave anything you don't care to take home. They appreciate anything, especially liquor.

HI Guys,

Thanks for all of the imput. I realize that I forgot to mention

that we are flying from San Jose, California to Dallas/FortWorth,

then Dallas/FortWorth to Miami. After the cruise, bus ride to

Fort Lauderdale then fly from there to Atlanta, then Atlanta straight

to San Jose..... Need Snacks for sure...

:cool:

...unless it is only a couple of hours. We had six hours of flying time, so I did have a few snacks. Though we did not eat them on the plane - turned out we had a pretty yummy meal on board - so we weren't hungry. (Who says the airlines don't feed you?? We always get some kind of food on board... :confused: ) However, I am still trying to lose a couple more pounds, so I don't like be stuck anywhere without some of my snack bars/crackers. Faves for me are my Kashi go-leans and Zone bars. We also carry a couple of the Lance nabs and rice krispy treats. Yes there is plenty of food on the ship, but if we were in the cabin late at night and wanted a quick snack - it's not worth going out or calling room service. And the cookies are good, but they aren't exactly diet friendly! :D

We did not go home with anything left over either. And not a single pound gained. ;)

We've never taken any food/drinks on board with us - with the exception of some alcohol :eek: . I love chocolate too and I believe you can purchase candy bars in the on board shop. By all means take whatever sounds good - and the airplane travel time would require, most likely, a bit of something from home. Believe me - there is so much food to choose from on a cruise - you'll never have reason to be hungry.

yes if you are flying that much them be sure to bring snacks. the airlines don't feed you anymore and you will get hungry.

If the snacks are for the bus and airplane, why drag them on the cruise. Plenty of places to buy snacks in the airport.

We had long flights on our last cruise and would you believe that Delta served, along with the pretzels, the same meal going out and coming back. Wouldn't have been so bad had it been something good, but it was a bean mixture w/ chicken...on an airplane!:eek: Talking about a swollen, aching tummy once we finally landed. I stayed away from the beans on the second leg. :D

As far as the cruise ship...I would never take snacks because there is plenty of food onboard and like others said...grab a piece of fruit and keep in your room just in case you need a little something. (apples, oranges, bananas, kiwi, grapes) In our case, we might grab a few cookies, LOL...or other things that might not be as good for you but oh...so good!!! On the other hand, flying long distances and lay overs...I would bring something with me for both flights, especially someone that has to take medications.

Snacks???? perhaps its possible to go self catering,buying food from the various ports using a camping stove? or maybe a portable bbq on the balcony. you can even supply your own entertainment,tell each other jokes I know start with the one about snacks.

To answer the OP's question, it's perfectly acceptable to bring your own snacks and soda on board. People have different needs and different ideas of what constitutes a snack. There's no reason to try to substitute something on the ship for something you really want - so bring what is important to you and enjoy your cruise!!!!

Soozin

One tip I got, was to bring ziplock bags- the small snack sized ones. When we are going to the beach or on an excursion, we first stop by the Windjammer and grab some snack--nuts, raisins, danish, etc. Then when we get hungry later, we have a free snack waiting for us.

Archived