lobster alive barbados

skirtsteak

EandJ , I regret I found your post most unhelpful. It's a pet peeve of mine on these boards: why does anyone post a "go look" response, without providing a link to do so? Too busy to be helpful? :confused:

Because I was curious what on earth "Lobsters Alive" was, I googled found: http://lobsteralive.net/

By the way, a search on the Barbados Ports of Call board revealed no threads discussing Lobsters Alive Restaurant, unless you count how much the cab is to get there.

what is Lobster Alive?

Everyone on here says its a great restuarant on the beach. We didn't actually go there, just walked on the beach in front of it. Looks very small and sort of run down, but again, we didn't go in the building.

however it is VERY close to the Boatyard....our worse visit to an island on our ten day cruise.....

We just returned from our cruise and after checking here for advice on where to go in Barbados, we decided on the Boatyard. Many people said it was $15.00/person...which included ride back to ship/chairs and umbrella. Even at the dock, the taxi drivers were saying $15.00. Once we got there, the lady at entrance asked us if we were from a cruise ship....our mistake was saying yes. All of a sudden it was $20.00/person, and there was no changing her mind.

We were very disapointed with our visit here...yes, beach was nice but that's about it. VERY noisy, and yes you could go further down the beach, but not if you wanted an umbrella, which they ran out of very fast.

If you like VERY LOUD music and a crazy, young crowd...this would be the place for you. Otherwise, skip it.

We were very disapointed with the lack of friendliness amongst the locals and again the upcharge in pricing.

Then...the ride back, what a joke. We stood there waiting at least 15-20 minutes and the driver was right there. What was the hold up?? Who knows. Finally he looks at us and asks us...are you ready to leave? Hello...we'd been standing there waiting, again...so much helpfullness from the lady attendant. What a joke. Then he doesn't even turn on the AC in the van and he was just not friendly at all.

We didn't experience unfriendly natives at any of the other islands.

This was our most disapointing day.......

Everyone on here says its a great restuarant on the beach. We didn't actually go there, just walked on the beach in front of it.

Looks very small and sort of run down, but again, we didn't go in the building.

however it is VERY close to the Boatyard....our worst visit to an island on our ten day cruise.....

We just returned from our cruise and after checking here for advice on where to go in Barbados, we decided on the Boatyard.

Many people said it was $15.00/person...which included ride back to ship/chairs and umbrella.

Even at the dock, the taxi drivers were saying $15.00. Once we got there, the lady at entrance asked us if we were from a cruise ship..

..our mistake was saying yes. All of a sudden it was $20.00/person, and there was no changing her mind.

We were very disappointed with our visit here...yes, beach was nice but that's about it.

VERY noisy, and yes you could go further down the beach, but not if you wanted an umbrella, which they ran out of very fast.

If you like VERY LOUD music and a crazy, young crowd...this would be the place for you. Otherwise, skip it.

We were very disapointed with the lack of friendliness amongst the locals and again the upcharge in pricing.

Then...the ride back, what a joke.

We stood there waiting at least 15-20 minutes and the driver was right there.

What was the hold up?? Who knows.

Finally he looks at us and asks us...are you ready to leave?

Hello...we'd been standing there waiting, again...so much helpfullness from the lady attendant. What a joke.

Then he doesn't even turn on the AC in the van and he was just not friendly at all.

We didn't experience unfriendly natives at any of the other islands.

This was our most disappointing day.......

Attention, Barbados Board of Tourism!

Yes, there is a certain element on this island that needs improving,unfortunately!

You shoulda gone to Lobster Alive, even if it is a small place(about 8? tables)

they have the same beach -much quieter- with chairs and big umbrellas

You shoulda gone to ACCRA like I keep tellin y'all..

they do not allow you to bring in any food or drink...you must purchase theirs.

I do agree it was a beautiful beach....just didn't think the upcharge was fair, the unfriendlieness of the proprieter and taxi driver, and then not knowing about the food and drink just added to our disappointment

Again...beautiful beach though

P.S. Aplmac.....next time maybe we can try Accra! Like I mentioned in post above, after reviewing all suggestions for beaches we decided the picture you posted of Carlisle Bay was so beautiful, we thought we'd give Boatyard a try....oh well, can't let one bad experience ruin the trip!!!!:rolleyes:

We just returned from cruise last week. We went to Lobster Alive and loved it. We took the $2.00 pp shuttle into downtown and then walked the 1/2 mile to Lobster Alive. We wanted to see the downtown area so that we would know where we wanted to spend any time there - we didn't. Next time I'd take the $3.00 pp cab to Lobster Alive.

Definately don't go to Boatyard unless you are interested in the rope swing, water trampoline etc. Lobster Alive is only 25 yards from Boatyard - and half the price. We rented 2 chairs/umbrella for $15.00 total -not per person. That included 3 drink coupons for rum punch or soda. It was the strongest rum punch I have ever had - one drink was all I could handle. The beach umbrellas at Lobster Alive are bigger and much nicer than Boatyard. We sat there wondering why anyone would go to Boatyard and pay twice the price (unless you wanted the water toys).

Only thing with Lobster Alive was that the food prices were high. We ended up just getting some french fries for $5.00. I didn't see anyone ordering Lobster -even in US dollars it was too expensive.

Loved the beach- it was calm, beautiful and lovely. We rented a jet ski for $40 for 30 minutes and had a blast.

There were some cruise people who just sat on beach with towels - it's free to do that - however it was soo hot that we really used the umbrella. There was one group of 4 that just rented 2 chairs and umbrella and shared the chairs - that was smart.

Next time I'd bring some snacks along to eat with me.

It was very easy to get a cab back - they were waiting right at the entrance of Lobster Alive - $3.00 pp back to ship.

Perfect day and I'd go back there again -

Mary

Archived