Chiloe Island tours

marazul

SB seems to be the only cruise line stopping at Chiloe island so there are not too many comments on the boards. There are two SB tours that may interest us: "Dalcahue and Castro" and "Best of Quinchao and Chiloe Islands." I know Granny wasn't impressed by the first one. Did anyone take the second, longer tour? Or heard any comments about it?

The other option may be to wander around Castro on our own and have lunch at one of the seaside restaurants to try the curanto. Any recommendations there?

Thanks!

wow....I would love a pisco sour....or six!! :D

I have just uploaded some of my pics of Chiloe to my photo album (link below).....I need more people to ask questions about certain places so I actually get around to uploading all the hundreds of pics I have taken! ;)

Getting lazy lately......we are off tomorrow to Thailand and Europe...so more pics to upload.....eventually! :confused:

The tour prices were very expensive this year as well, but the main expense is for the coaches....they have to be brought a long distance, I seem to remember it was many hours of driving for the guides and drivers. The main point of interest is the wooden church, which you will see in the pics....its at the top of a very steep hill!! Wont need the gym that day!

The big church, is in Castro...thats the one you can see at the top of the hill...and the one that has the pic of the inside....the smaller church is in Dalcahue...it wasnt in very good condition so the one in Castro is the best to see.

I wonder how many suites are left? I want to go again!!! :(

Archived