Help us decide!!!!!!!

CruiznWithHubby

OK, since you guys are the best of the best here:D I need HELP!!!! DH and I are deciding on another cruise,,,sigh,,,probably August or September,,,,dang vacation issues!!!

We LOVED our 5 night on the Inspiration,,,,,but we'd like to try something different,,,our only real disappointment was the beaches didn't have powder white sand in Mexico (which I knew) or Grand Cayman (a surprise, don't know why, lol),,,so we know that's something we want to do differently this time,,,

we also want 7 days this time,,,,

and we'd LOVE to try a different class ship (not the most important thing, we loved the Inspiration,,,just would like to try),,,

We live in Florida, so we'd love to cruise out of FL,,,why pay for airfare??? We could go from almost any Florida port though,,,,Tampa is closest, Port Canavral second closest,,,,,but we'd go out of Miami or Jacksonville if it was a great itinerary,,,

We thought of the Legend, but it does 2 of the same ports we just did,,,,The Glory seems another obvious choice,,,

Any thoughts??????

Holly

Holly,

This is the one I would do, hands down:

Miracle/October 13/St. Maarten, St. Lucia and St. Kitts. It departs out of FLL and not San Juan!!!

This is what I wanted, but we had restraints this year as to when. I'm going to watch this itinerary for 2010.

Hope this helps you... let me know if you decide this as I would love to know about it when you sail.

Holly,

This is the one I would do, hands down:

Miracle/October 13/St. Maarten, St. Lucia and St. Kitts. It departs out of FLL and not San Juan!!!

This is what I wanted, but we had restraints this year as to when. I'm going to watch this itinerary for 2010.

Hope this helps you... let me know if you decide this as I would love to know about it when you sail.

do they have powder white sand there??? I've been to St lucia,,,beautiful island, but it's volcanic, so no powder white sand,,,,how about st Maarten and St Kitts???

Holly

If you want white sand - I'd definately choose a cruise that included Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay. I think the Destiny is doing a five dayer but you may find a seven day that would go as far south as St. Thomas too. Good luck. The Carnival site has a pretty easy search engine to find cruises.

If you want white sand - I'd definately choose a cruise that included Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay. I think the Destiny is doing a five dayer but you may find a seven day that would go as far south as St. Thomas too. Good luck. The Carnival site has a pretty easy search engine to find cruises.

Is half moon cay the private Island???? It's the only thing we liked better about our first cruise on Dolphin,,,,they did the private Island,,,,we LOVED that,,,,

thanks for the info you guys!!!! Holly

do they have powder white sand there??? I've been to St lucia,,,beautiful island, but it's volcanic, so no powder white sand,,,,how about st Maarten and St Kitts???

Holly

Honestly, I've never been. Just going according to what it says on things I've read.

However, Half Moon Cay is on my list and you can get a 7-day that goes there. Paul Medik did this last year on Liberty...

Honestly, I've never been. Just going according to what it says on things I've read.

However, Half Moon Cay is on my list and you can get a 7-day that goes there. Paul Medik did this last year on Liberty...

I think I may have found my cruise!!!!! The Liberty out of Miami does a 7 day that goes to Half-moon Cay, Grand Turk, San Juan and St Thomas!!!! It sounds PERFECT for us,,,,absolutely PERFECT :) Now on to reviews of the Liberty :) Holly

I think I may have found my cruise!!!!! The Liberty out of Miami does a 7 day that goes to Half-moon Cay, Grand Turk, San Juan and St Thomas!!!! It sounds PERFECT for us,,,,absolutely PERFECT :) Now on to reviews of the Liberty :) Holly

Holly, look for Paul Medik's review as he did this very cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=803775&highlight=liberty+review

Here's mine, though it is Western:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=848064

Hope they help!

Helle Holly. Glad you had a wonderfull Vacation with the Hubby. We did to love the Inspiration last October. We are also from Central Florida Northern part from were you are at. We are booked in a couple of weeks on the Liberty 11/29//08 out of Miami as you probaly already now. This will be our third cruise (2 ) with Carnival. (1 ) with RCL. It has brought memorise with the photos you have taken. We had went with our children 21,18,12,8. All boys and they had a great time. Now we will be going on our own and the older ones looking after the younger ones. Thank God for that. I wouldsay to try the liberty as we will not to far from you also and do the Eastern part of the Carribean this time. Our first. Like i said before. I am glad that you 2 had a WONDERFUl anavasary.

Holly, look for Paul Medik's review as he did this very cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=803775&highlight=liberty+review

Here's mine, though it is Western:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=848064

Hope they help!

Thanks for Paul's review,,,took me all afternoon to read it, but you know that's no torture for us cruise-lovers:D It was AWESOME and made me want to go NOWWWWWWWWW,,,,Holly

Helle Holly. Glad you had a wonderfull Vacation with the Hubby. We did to love the Inspiration last October. We are also from Central Florida Northern part from were you are at. We are booked in a couple of weeks on the Liberty 11/29//08 out of Miami as you probaly already now. This will be our third cruise (2 ) with Carnival. (1 ) with RCL. It has brought memorise with the photos you have taken. We had went with our children 21,18,12,8. All boys and they had a great time. Now we will be going on our own and the older ones looking after the younger ones. Thank God for that. I wouldsay to try the liberty as we will not to far from you also and do the Eastern part of the Carribean this time. Our first. Like i said before. I am glad that you 2 had a WONDERFUl anavasary.

Thank you so much :) I think I've got DH convinced :) Holly

Well, I was going to suggest either the Glory or Miracle, eastern itinerary for either of them. I've been on both and loved them both. But if powder white sand is your primary concern, I don't think you'd like St. Kitts & St Lucia....although they are both beautiful islands. St Maarten has beautiful beaches, but I don't think the sand is any different from Cozumel. I just booked the Freedom to San Juan, Tortola, Antigua, St Thomas, and Nassau. I'm not thrilled with Nassau, love St Thomas, but have not been to the other 3 yet. I am excited about seeing some new islands and a newer version of the Conquest....my favorite ship! But looks like you're sold on the Liberty, anyway, so I've just typed this for nothing.....unless someone else benefits from it. :)

Thank you so much I think I've got DH convinced Holly

:) Glad you found a nice cruise Holly on a GREAT ship ! I was on the Inspiration about 8 months ago and had a Cat 12 with a Private Balcony and now can't go back to an Oceanview ! :D Now you have to get your cabin booked and to me that is one of the most important parts of the cruise. I will tell you right now the same thing that someone here @ Cruisecritic told me. On the Bigger Carnival Ships including the Liberty they have some well hidden treasures !;) The Liberty is loaded with Balcony Cabins and are AWESOME. Category 8A are the cheapest Balcony cabins you can book and still pick the cabin of your choice and they are all on deck 6 in purple if you look at Carnival's Deck plans on their website. Their are 4 Cabins in this Category #6473,6461,6442,6450 as well as 2 Cabins on Deck 7 Empress Deck #7434,7439. They are all AFT on the sides of the ship BEFORE the Wrap around Balcony's. I have one booked for myself on the Triumph coming up and EVERYONE says that these "L" shaped cabins are a STEEL and they go VERY FAST by the people that know about them !! They circle employee stairwells which are very quiet. They are larger cabins then the standard balcony cabins and have a REAL QUEEN BED and NOT the two pushed together as well as a 75 Sq Ft Balcony at an 8A Price :eek: :D!! The regular 8A through 8E Balcony Cabins are only 35 Sq Ft ! The Cat 12 "Penthouse Suites" Balcony's are only 10 Sq Ft Bigger then yours and Thousands more ! Take a look and see if any are still open, Often times you have to call Carnival direct and ask them as they don't always have them listed... You may be glad you did.. Either way enjoy and Congrats.:D

The sand you are looking for is in Barbados... The beach we went to was literally like flour...

Unfortunately, you'd have to sail out of San Juan on Carnival... so there goes your driving to pier...

Good luck with your search!!!!!!!

:) Glad you found a nice cruise Holly on a GREAT ship ! I was on the Inspiration about 8 months ago and had a Cat 12 with a Private Balcony and now can't go back to an Oceanview ! :D Now you have to get your cabin booked and to me that is one of the most important parts of the cruise. I will tell you right now the same thing that someone here @ Cruisecritic told me. On the Bigger Carnival Ships including the Liberty they have some well hidden treasures !;) The Liberty is loaded with Balcony Cabins and are AWESOME. Category 8A are the cheapest Balcony cabins you can book and still pick the cabin of your choice and they are all on deck 6 in purple if you look at Carnival's Deck plans on their website. Their are 4 Cabins in this Category #6473,6461,6442,6450 as well as 2 Cabins on Deck 7 Empress Deck #7434,7439. They are all AFT on the sides of the ship BEFORE the Wrap around Balcony's. I have one booked for myself on the Triumph coming up and EVERYONE says that these "L" shaped cabins are a STEEL and they go VERY FAST by the people that know about them !! They circle employee stairwells which are very quiet. They are larger cabins then the standard balcony cabins and have a REAL QUEEN BED and NOT the two pushed together as well as a 75 Sq Ft Balcony at an 8A Price :eek: :D!! The regular 8A through 8E Balcony Cabins are only 35 Sq Ft ! The Cat 12 "Penthouse Suites" Balcony's are only 10 Sq Ft Bigger then yours and Thousands more ! Take a look and see if any are still open, Often times you have to call Carnival direct and ask them as they don't always have them listed... You may be glad you did.. Either way enjoy and Congrats.:D

Thanks for the info,,,convincing DH we need another cruise 2 days after getting off one is easy,,,,,convincing him we need a balcony,,,not so easy,,,,,,sigh,,,I will keep trying though,,,Holly

The sand you are looking for is in Barbados... The beach we went to was literally like flour...

Unfortunately, you'd have to sail out of San Juan on Carnival... so there goes your driving to pier...

Good luck with your search!!!!!!!

did I mention I can swim???:D Holly

Well, I was going to suggest either the Glory or Miracle, eastern itinerary for either of them. I've been on both and loved them both. But if powder white sand is your primary concern, I don't think you'd like St. Kitts & St Lucia....although they are both beautiful islands. St Maarten has beautiful beaches, but I don't think the sand is any different from Cozumel. I just booked the Freedom to San Juan, Tortola, Antigua, St Thomas, and Nassau. I'm not thrilled with Nassau, love St Thomas, but have not been to the other 3 yet. I am excited about seeing some new islands and a newer version of the Conquest....my favorite ship! But looks like you're sold on the Liberty, anyway, so I've just typed this for nothing.....unless someone else benefits from it. :)

Not necessarily,,,,we saw some lovely itineraries on the Miracle, and the prices can not be beat :) You never know,,,,,I might get TWO cruises :) Holly

Is half moon cay the private Island???? It's the only thing we liked better about our first cruise on Dolphin,,,,they did the private Island,,,,we LOVED that,,,,

thanks for the info you guys!!!! Holly

Yes, Half Moon Cay is the private island, it's a slice of heaven with blue water the likes I've never seen. And the sand is as fine as flour. Congrats on finding your cruise. BTW, aren't you and your husband the couple that was "suprised" on your recent anniversary cruise? I remember reading about that....how very sweet.

Thanks for the info,,,convincing DH we need another cruise 2 days after getting off one is easy,,,,,convincing him we need a balcony,,,not so easy,,,,,,sigh,,,I will keep trying though,,,Holly

You will be SHOCKED how relaxing it is to have your own "QUIET Place" outside to be able to go and have quiet time on your own away from the 3,000 other guest's and 1200 crew ! Since it's a Bigger ship their are also ALOT more people. Just you and DH and that Big Blue Ocean below.. IT'S AWESOME !! What a nice selling point that the "Quiet Place" just happens to be hooked to your bedroom ;) :D. On the Inspiration their were only 54 Balcony's and they were all Suites. On the Liberty their are around 500 Balcony's and the price of one is NOT much more then an Oceanview window Cabin. He will give in I Bet.. Just don't wait to long to get one of those cabins.. Good Luck with him..:)

We did this same cruise this past July and loved it. Half Moon Cay was so relaxing for us. We took a private tour in St. Thomas. We had been there before, but went snorkeling so didn't get to go all over the island. In Grand Turk we rented a golf cart.

The Liberty is probably my favorite ship with the Glory right behind it. We went to the supper club and that was a wonderful dinner. Once again a fabulous cruise.

Holly

I have been looking for those same ports and could only come up with the Destiny. Where did you find the Liberty?

Yes, Half Moon Cay is the private island, it's a slice of heaven with blue water the likes I've never seen. And the sand is as fine as flour. Congrats on finding your cruise. BTW, aren't you and your husband the couple that was "suprised" on your recent anniversary cruise? I remember reading about that....how very sweet.

that would be us :) I was the one with the dorky shocked look on my face:eek: and it was exceedingly nice of everyone involved:)

You will be SHOCKED how relaxing it is to have your own "QUIET Place" outside to be able to go and have quiet time on your own away from the 3,000 other guest's and 1200 crew ! Since it's a Bigger ship their are also ALOT more people. Just you and DH and that Big Blue Ocean below.. IT'S AWESOME !! What a nice selling point that the "Quiet Place" just happens to be hooked to your bedroom ;) :D. On the Inspiration their were only 54 Balcony's and they were all Suites. On the Liberty their are around 500 Balcony's and the price of one is NOT much more then an Oceanview window Cabin. He will give in I Bet.. Just don't wait to long to get one of those cabins.. Good Luck with him..:)

good points !!! I will use them!!! Holly

Holly

I have been looking for those same ports and could only come up with the Destiny. Where did you find the Liberty?

on the carnival website,,,but they stop in September, I believe,,couldn't get it for October,,,,,I don't think they do that cruise year round,,,,,Holly

on the carnival website,,,but they stop in September, I believe,,couldn't get it for October,,,,,I don't think they do that cruise year round,,,,,Holly

Thanks, that is why I couldnt find it. I was looking for November. Looks like it will be the Destiny because I have to get to those ports (and I never pick a cruise for the ports) but something about Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay is so appealing

Archived