Problems with Cabin Steward

mcclure2

Finally...someone with common sense.

Well, several people have said the steward can still come in with the double lock bolted. So which is it?

Why even offer a privacy sign if stewards are going to ignore it.

In the unlikely event that this doesn't work, speak with

the housekeeping supervisor.

What good does it do to be annoyed throughout your cruise,

and then send princess a complaint later?

I was defiantly not annoyed though out my cruise. I only got annoyed on the last day when he opened the door again with the privacy sign in the door. As I said before he was an excellent steward except for this issue.

And, if you do want to just complain about it, isn't the time

to do so on the end-of-cruise survey?

I didn't want to put this on the end of cruise survey as I didn't want the steward to lose his job. I didn't mean to complain just get some feedback on this from other Princess cruisers. I thought that was what cruise critic was for? Geez. :confused:

Had a similar problem on a recent Princess cruise on the Grand. One night the steward knocked once then came in, never giving us enought time to either respond or get to the door ourselves. He did this three times in a 15 minute period. The first one I could handle because the privacy tag was not in place, but the second two were inexcusable because he knew we had not left the cabin. He just didn't seem to get it.

I was particularly concerned because, as others here have said "well no problem if the bottom lock is latched" Wrong! The steward's pass key can get past the bottom lock. I found this out one afternoon when I ran an errand and my wife took a shower. She had set the bottom lock, forgettingn that it would lock me out of the cabin. The steward was right there in the corridor and he used his passkey to let me in past the bottom lock.

The only thing that would stop him from coming in was the "Privacy" tag in the lock. He never did violate that so there was no need to elevate the issue to his supervisor. Again, I was surprised about his ability to override the second lock. I know on most land based hotel key card locks the second latch is a positive mechanical lock. Maybe there is a maritime safety isssue on cruise ship locks. Certainly is a false sense of security in any event.

Stewart can still over ride the extra lock.

It unlocks for him from the outside just like it unlocks with the door handle for you from the inside. :cool:

Stewart? :p LOL... Anyway, my understanding was that only a supervisor could overide the double-bolt. But I could be wrong... :rolleyes: But you'd think that the Privacy sign and a double bolt would tell the steward to STAY OUT! ;)

I didn't want to put this on the end of cruise survey as I didn't want the steward to lose his job. I didn't mean to complain just get some feedback on this from other Princess cruisers. I thought that was what cruise critic was for? Geez. :confused:

Who are you?

The person who started this thread wrote:

"Should I write the cruise line about this or just let it go because it's normal? "

...which is what I was responding to.

In my opinion, if you want to complain, the time to do so is on the

survey at the end of the cruise, not writing to the cruise line at some

later time.

Who are you?

"Should I write the cruise line about this or just let it go because it's normal? "

later time.

Oh you were responding to the OP not me. Sorry I misunderstood. Instead of starting a new thread I posted on this one telling of my experience on page 2 post #33 if you would like to read it.

Thanks.

Perhaps next time you may try to read all the posts in the discussion before you reply. Happens with quite a few posters!

Who are you?

later time.

Archived