Tendering in Tortola?

Richjoxyz

We're on the Galaxy leaving San Juan on Dec29th, for eleven nights. Our last port is Tortola. According to Celebrity we are tendering. At all the other ports we are docked. I've read on the RCCL board that the Explorer has canceled Tortola for many of her upcoming cruises. Any thoughts on why we are tendering?

If its a really short stay (as they tend to be in Tortola) I might wait for another time. If you do them only do it with a ships tour. That way the ship will wait for you.

Tortola's Cane Garden Bay is my favorite beach and I will not miss it. If I am there and we are being tendered I will be making a real pest on myself to make sure I get on one of the very first tenders! I like all the time I can get there!:D

Think the Baths are even worthwhile with that kind of pax load (8000+), or better to save 'em for another time?

The Baths in Virgin Gorda are located in a small area. The crowds are ridiculous. Even if you walk further down the beach. Personally I wouldn't go. Buy a postcard. ;) We were tendered directly to Virgin Gorda on Oceania in Jan. and were glad, as there were hundreds of people being dropped off on ship excursions from Tortola. We got out of there fast. We couldn't get one picture without at least 10 strangers just milling around. Not a fun day for us.

Archived