Possibility of cabin switch

Arwenmark

I was reading on some of the older threads that some people have had cabins they had selected and paid for switched on them by NCL. I actually did have that happen to me once as well with a Handicapped cabin, and yes I am handicapped and had requested that cabin.

Well I just booked yesterday for the Christmas Cruise on the Star, again HC cabin today I got my edocs and it has the correct cabin.

Can I assume at this point with docs in hand that I am safe from them switching me? they know I require that HC cabin, but that did not stop them the last time but they did it further out, then could not get me back in.

and I was NOT pleased.

anyway am I pretty safe now?

The cabins are technically not 'handicapped rooms' but are wheelchair accessible. All cruise lines would require documentation that you are in a wheelchair a majority of your time onboard. Sounds some what cruel but there is only limited amount of these cabins with wider doors, bigger bathrooms, etc. With that said the only way the cruise line would change your cabin would be because you don't qualify for a WC access cabin. Since I work in cruise operations for an online TA, I only had one instance where the cruise line requested a cabin move and had to be approved by the passenger first. BUT Technically your cruise terms & conditions do advise that they can move you.

OK, thats alot to take in but basically you should not be moved.

Archived