A couple last minute questions?

Fruitloopz

1.On the majesty if we are in a EE Stateroom maybe we order room service?

2. If our garments become wrinkled which I have a feeling some of them will is there a iron or a facility to iron clothing?

3.I can not drink wine nor liquor due to my medications but I love the wine that is called FRE (it has no booze in it) can I bring a bottle or two of that and have them treat it the same as they do with normal wines corking fee or whatever they refer to it as?

4.If we want to go ashore in Nassau but are not intrested in the excursions and have something else planned does anyone know if there is transportation at the port such as taxi or bus service?

5. If check in starts at 12:00 that means we have two hours between 12:00 and 2:00 to get there and check in right?

and one last thing I truly want to THANK EVERYONE that has assisted us in getting ready for this..all of you are just wonderful with all your hints, tips and suggestions. Thank you so much!

1. as far as I know, you can get room service in every room on NCL

2. not sure about the Majesty. A lot of NCL ships have taken out the laundry room. You can send it out for pressing, though

3. not sure

4. There are things to do within walking distance and cabs nearby. I must say that the downtown of Nassau has gone downhill in the last few years. I guess Paradise Island gets a lot of the new businesses.

Viv

Fruitloopz and I are on the same sailing so I'll ask, which docs do you Need to board? Also what question 5 :confused: Does anyone have a rough idea what time cabins are ready? Are jeans OK in the dining room at nite? I'm sure there are some who do come in shorts but a little to lax for me.

I am very grateful for all the help since I've only been booked less than a month. I wish all great sailings :)

1.On the majesty if we are in a EE Stateroom maybe we order room service?

Absolutely.

2. If our garments become wrinkled which I have a feeling some of them will is there a iron or a facility to iron clothing?

I'm sure there is no self service laundry on the Majesty. And, they won't bring an iron to your cabin...fire hazzard. However, you can either 1) send your clothing out to be ironed for a small fee (talk to your steward to have it done) or 2) bring a bottle of Downy wrinkle release..great stuff!

3.I can not drink wine nor liquor due to my medications but I love the wine that is called FRE (it has no booze in it) can I bring a bottle or two of that and have them treat it the same as they do with normal wines corking fee or whatever they refer to it as?

No need to pay a corkage fee on anything that doesn't have alcohol in it. Your "wine" should be considered just like soda, juice, bottled water etc. I'd pack it in your carry on though so that they see it when you check in and can verify it is non-alcoholic. If it's in your luggage, they will most likely find it and call you down to the naughty room. No big deal as when they see it doesn't contain alcohol, they will just let you keep it, but why waste that time?

4.If we want to go ashore in Nassau but are not intrested in the excursions and have something else planned does anyone know if there is transportation at the port such as taxi or bus service?

There are plenty of taxi's right at the docking area. And, tons of shops too (love the straw market :D) all within easy walking distance of the dock.

5. If check in starts at 12:00 that means we have two hours between 12:00 and 2:00 to get there and check in right?

Unless there is a problem, check in will most likely start prior to 12. Most times, they start to board around 11 or 11:30 am. Whatever time your ship leaves, you must be on board 2 hours prior to sailing, so you can calculate the time you have to board that way.

and one last thing I truly want to THANK EVERYONE that has assisted us in getting ready for this..all of you are just wonderful with all your hints, tips and suggestions. Thank you so much!

I was very glad to see that you worked out your health issues (on the other thread). I hope you have a WONDERFUL cruise! :D

CG

Fruitloopz and I are on the same sailing so I'll ask, which docs do you Need to board?

You will need your cruise ticket, and your two forms of identification. One needs to be your birth certificate or a passport and your driver's license is great for the other one.

If you got edocs, you got like 20 pages of information. No need to print out ALL of that, just the one that says "cruise ticket".

Also, you have to complete the advanced guest registration on the NCL website. Have you done that? I always print out a copy of that and take it with me also as sometimes, even though you have filled it out online, some glitch occurs and they don't get it. If they ask for it, it's easy to just pull it out and hand it to them instead of standing there and filling it out all over again.

Also what question 5 :confused:

Huh? :)

Does anyone have a rough idea what time cabins are ready?

It really varies but on average, they are ready around 2 pm.

Are jeans OK in the dining room at nite? I'm sure there are some who do come in shorts but a little to lax for me.

I don't think that shorts are allowed in dining rooms in the evening, only at lunch. However, I did read that they allow shorts in Bermuda. Must be cause EVERYONE wears shorts in Bermuda (thus the name Bermuda shorts LOL)

As far as jeans, they are allowed in all speciality restaurants and ONE of the main dining rooms. Just check the sign at the door of the main dining rooms to see which one allows jeans and which one doesn't.

I am very grateful for all the help since I've only been booked less than a month. I wish all great sailings :)

Have a wonderful trip!

CG

Fruitloopz and I are on the same sailing so I'll ask, which docs do you Need to board? Also what question 5 :confused: Does anyone have a rough idea what time cabins are ready? Are jeans OK in the dining room at nite? I'm sure there are some who do come in shorts but a little to lax for me.

For our cruise out of Charleston last year I brought our edocs, registration copies (just in case), and our passports. Make sure you have your edocs handy when driving into the port area, because security will want to see it when you are driving in.

Our cabin was ready when we boarded at 1:30. When you board they try to get you to take the elevator up to the buffet. I simply told them I wanted to take the stairs and went to our cabin instead.

Jeans are allowed in one of the two main dining rooms. The Dailies will state which one. I never saw anyone in shorts in the dining room at dinner, but that does not mean it does not happen.

Hope this helps and have an awesome cruise!

Archived