New HAL Sale, Nov 12-14

timothy998

I have been getting e-mail from Costa and Cunard and have never sailed either. They are part of the Carnival Family of Ships so assume they share past guest lists amoung all the cruise lines.

I spoke with my PCC this morning and found I misinterpreted something and it didn't apply to any of our cruises. However, if it had, he would have adjusted our price.

"Mad Man": Thanks for pointing out the HAL site has the Promo. Good to know.

In what seems to be a more and more regular event, I received "advance notice" (for what it's worth) of a new HAL sale this Weds-Friday. I'm sure the "bargain" depends upon the sail date, destination, as well as the level of sold cabins on a particular cruise. But, I figured I'd offer it up for any bargain hunters out there. I know I'll call our TA tomorrow, just in case there's a better fare for our March cruise.

Thanks so much! I found a better rate and it applied! Wouldn't have known about it without your help, I am so delighted! Thanks again!:D

Thank you, all! Even though my husband and I were previously booked, having read this board I figured it wouldn't hurt to see if we were eligible for the sale price. I just got off the phone with HAL and we are eligible and are saving over $1,100 pp. with the same category guaranteed cabin assignment. With the $$ we saved -- I can start to think about booking another cruise :D

I hope there were no snafus in the transaction and that we are all set for 'clear sailing'.

Thank you again!

Excellent...so if anyone is on our Westerdam Eastern Caribbean 22-29 March 2009, who managed to snag the discount, we'll be accepting free drinks (though non-alcoholic for the kids)! Actually I called our TA but she said we're already at the lowest available fare, at the moment, for our VE cabins for our particular cruise. But I'm thankful so many of you were able to catch some big discounts (we managed to move from outside connecting to verandah connecting cabins a couple of months ago for quite a bit less than our original fare, so I won't complain). Bon voyage!

congrads to all of you getting those great deals

I received a price reduction on my inside cabins (3) booked for 8/2/09 of 140 per cabin and my cruise wasn't even listed on the sale on HAL website, also booked r/t air from ft lauderdale fl to seattle for 240 per person tonight on american, the lowest on any search has been 409, what a good day, now if my suite goes down :D

loraine

I received the email and our Westerdam cruise for 5/17/09 wasn't on there. Thought I'd give my TA a call anyway and ask if the fares have dropped for our sailing. She checked. We are in an SY assigned cabin and the fare dropped $200 per person and she was able to get the price reduction for us. Other couple were in a category M GTY. She got them in an H GTY for $60 less per person. I say even if your cruise isn't on the 3 day sale, call your TA and check prices anyway. Glad I did!

Diane

Like Southbound, I'd like some suggestions on how I might get a reduction.

The sale price for a deluxe verandah suite is MUCH less than --just a little over half-- what we paid for a simple verandah. Final payment was just three weeks ago. And our TA has a group on this cruise.

Oh, please, somebody hit me with a good idea!!!!!

I'm in the same "boat" as Cerinda. We made final payment about three weeks ago and the sale fares are substantially less that even the discounted fare I paid. I'm going to call my TA tomorrow and see what kind of magic he can work.

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread!

John

UPDATE from my previous post: I checked the HAL website and compared with the fare I paid for my cabin. I don't think that the HAL sale fare is that much cheaper than what I have already paid. Going to check with TA tomorrow anyway.

John

I'm booked for a March 2009 cruise and final payment is in Dec 2008.

Before I contact my TA, does anyone know if I manage to get a lower price now, which from the looks of it might only be $100-200 pp, will I be able to request another price reduction if the price goes down again later.

MrMJ, It should not make a difference...unless it is considered a "new" booking, but then you have to weigh any cancellation charges versus the fare reduction. Our TA is more than happy to check for lower fares for us...remember, the TA is supposed to be working for YOU! Good luck!

I used the fare sale to cancel our May 2009 cruise which we had booked with an internet TA in the USA and rebook with HAL in CDN dollars (I live in Canada). While the CND dollar price was about 10% higher then the US price in reallity it was going to be a heck of a lot cheaper given the way the CDN dollar has tanked. I could have waited to see if the dollar improved but there was no gtee the same price in CDN dollars would be available so I decided to protect the downside. HAL was very helpful and even made sure I kept my confirmed dining. The US dollars I have brought, which was at a rate signifcantly lower then today will simply be used for on board expenses for my December 2008 cruise and maybe the May 2009 cruise which again will reduce that cost if I had to buy today.

Brewster

With our cruise, even advertised on sale... once I got to actual booking on HAL site, it wasn't any cheaper than what we had booked 10 months ago.

Yes - I think it all depends on how good your original deal was. We have '09 cruises booked to South America & to Europe. Today we asked our TA to re-quote them for the 3-day sale. But our original deals couldn't be beat. I guess that's good. :o:o

Archived